Today-Tomorrow?

After price increases take effect, I'd assume. There has to appear to be some justification for it. I'm still angry that Dish charged me $5 twice to remove programming when I went down to silver, removed the sports pack and added HBO and then a $5 charge because my receiver wasn't hooked to my LAN for a week out of the month even though it was hooked to my phone line and got caller ID. It isn't my fault their hardware didn't do its job! They certainly like to nickel and dime you to death with fees when you try to save money... That's $15 in fees that other companies would not charge me. This is their idea of marketing based on price? These little things are almost enough to make me eat the ETF. One $5 downgrade fee would have sufficed. Instead they tack on $10 more in just because we can fees. They'd better result in new HD, namely ESPNU HD which has been on my local cable system since August. Faster than soon...

If you get onto them then they should remove the additional fees. They always have for me and others. You could talk to retentions and I know they would remove them. For any company to charge those types of fees and would refuse to remove them to save a customer deserves to lost business in my opinion.

I believe they add the channels to your favorites list everytime a new channel gets added don't they?

If they did, the some lovable folks would come out accusing Dish of privacy violations, hi-jacking their DVRs, infringement, etc.

Of course, we'll GET new HD, then they'll be a thread the next day. 'We haven't had new HD in 24 hours, anyone heard anything?'

If you get onto them then they should remove the additional fees. They always have for me and others. You could talk to retentions and I know they would remove them. For any company to charge those types of fees and would refuse to remove them to save a customer deserves to lost business in my opinion.

Yup, when I removed the sports pack, I did it through the online CSR chat and just asked the guy once if he would mind waiving the fee as a courtesy. He did it without any prodding.

Question does it look like next week we will see the new HD?

On any given week there's always someone who is sure we'll see new HD "next week". Sometimes we do, in the form of locals or PPV, or pay channels, a few times we actually get new national HD, but most of the time they're wrong. This week (as last week, etc.) is no different.

As has been frequently pointed out, no one who posts here knows when (or even if) specific channels will be made available by Dish.

Last edited:
I have a feeling the new HD channels will be made available next week. If you remember, a year ago next friday (2/5) was when DISH added FNC HD and Fox Business HD. So DISH may wait and turn these channels on either Wed or Fri of next week.

Looks like you're right regarding next week. Guess we'll know for sure if you are...next week!

Why waste an HD slot on a d**n shopping channel?

Mark

Some of us like QVC or HSN in HD. Plus if they pay to be on and it lowers our cost the better. If you do not like a channel dont watch it. I dont like channels and dont watch them. Thats what makes this Capitalism and freedom in the US the BEST in the world. You dont hear me complain that EPSNU in HD is wasting HD band. Stop whinning like a girl that something u donot like is wasted bandwith

Some of us like QVC or HSN in HD. Plus if they pay to be on and it lowers our cost the better. If you do not like a channel dont watch it. I dont like channels and dont watch them. Thats what makes this Capitalism and freedom in the US the BEST in the world. You dont hear me complain that EPSNU in HD is wasting HD band. Stop whinning like a girl that something u donot like is wasted bandwith

:up :up :up
I don't watch the shopping channels but I agree with your post completely!

I think some people are confusing the fact that a lot of people don't want to see sheets and jewelry in HD, we want to see all of the beautiful women on QVC, in HD. :p Anything with hot chicks, needs to be HD.

I agree. I also wish ESPNU HD would hurry up and waste some bandwidth.

The same freedom that lets you say you like it, lets me say I don't.

Keeps our cost low? "we're raising your rates but giving you two new HD channels - QVC and HSN" woo-hoo

I never argued for using the slot for ESPNsomething instead. Quite the contrary, I happen to think there are more than enough sports channels, too (he says ducking for cover)

Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts