Tomorrow Morning I get DN Installed

I am wondering if a person could possibly start a business by redoing crappy installs such as the one I experienced last weekend? Would Dish Network / DirecTV allow this or would they even care?
sure you could....try getting them to pay for it. That's the challenge
Every once in a while I will get a call form someone asking me if I will fix up their job or relocate their dish because they are frustrated with Dish.
I charge them for it and do nice work. Everybody is happy.
The key is this...."Free"..When it comes to tv, free is the word of the century....That said, it is nearly impossible to get all but the most desperate to pay for services rendered. I have peope plead with me that while they realize I should get paid for my work, they themsleves should not have to do the paying. One guy called, and said he was not going to deal with Dish. He got my number from someone I had done work for some time back. He explained his plight and I became suspicious when the mention of payment never came up..So I asked him how he would be paying for the service. He said he thought Dish should cover my expenses. I said call someone else.
Would it not be great if there was a marketplace for this kind of work. I'd make gobs of cash.

If SUBS did go by the same rules as i do, i wouldn't see the crap work that i see on these forums. Not saying you don't do good work, just to many crappy Subs in Kansas i guess.
Every sub is different. Our people do the work correctly or they don't work for us. Period.
THere is another sub that serves the area that works their people 7 days per week. They get one day off per month. Their workloads are crushing.We get alot of their techs coming thru our doors looking for work in a sane environment. The point I am making is the quality of work is directly tied to the working conditions.
The people I work for are fair to everyone. When hired techs are asked how much work they can handle in a day. If they can't handle what they ask for, their load is reduced.
If a tech has issues with following Dish Specs, 100% of his work will be QC'd. If the screw-ups continue the next step is a sit down. If one more issue comes up ,the tech is no longer assigned work.
We have a very good reputation with DNSC and my employers are proud of that. In fact, the GM over at the DNSC office has tld my boss that he really does not worry about our work. A) because it's good and B) because we are so focussed on self policing.

Thats a true fact, i was more than less talking about that select few. I wouldn't want the work load you all have, I have to do 85 to 90 points a day. That is broken down to a (4/4 in the am 622/722 upgrade in the am and two tc or sc and a 3/3 or 4/4 in the pm) There is just not enough time in the day to spend hours at a costumers home.

But, you try ur best to get it done right the first time.

Thats a true fact, i was more than less talking about that select few. I wouldn't want the work load you all have, I have to do 85 to 90 points a day. That is broken down to a (4/4 in the am 622/722 upgrade in the am and two tc or sc and a 3/3 or 4/4 in the pm) There is just not enough time in the day to spend hours at a costumers home.

But, you try ur best to get it done right the first time.
I am not familar with the points system. A typical day for anyone is up to 4 jobs. I usually do three .
A 4 tv deal or two and a service call....I prefer to do just one AM and if I have two one gets moved. I will not be in a rush. I try to keep form working more than 10 hr days. Anything more than that and I object. I don't live to work. I work to live.
Typically what I will do is this. On precall the first AM customer to answer their phone, wins. The other will just have to wait until I get there.
Usually the other ones are pretty cooperative.. But I make sure I give them a time frame that includes an AM hour..So I tell them between 10-1 or some osuch..Knowing full well unles the first job does not go it, I won't make it by 10..But it's a game that has to be played to try my best to keep people happy. All in a day's work..
Now there are companies that load their guys up with far more work than can be done in a day.
The D* HSP I used ot work for would load everyone with at least 5-6 jobs.
The premise was that some would not go in.
The ones we were not going to get to we refered back to the office. They called the customers and let them know they would be rescheduled. It wasn't right.
Now E* does not allow that. They want jobs completeed on the scheduled day. SO I don't know how these other companies get away with rescheduling all that work.

Yeah here is a normal day, i go into the office at 6:30. I see what route the router gave me the night before, i go over what i feel i need to install. Then i TRY to get mapquest, but in which i get bitched out for using. Then i load my van, and HAVE to be at my first job by 8 Am. If im not at my first job by this time, i am called on my nextel and yelled at..lol

I will no matter what have 4-5 jobs per day, normally two installs and a s/change and a t/c.

The routes aren't changed for drive time or anything like that, we have to travel 70 miles some times.

T/C-S/C is 12 points
1/1 18 points
2/2 22points
3/3 26 points
4/4 30 points
622/722 swap 9 points

Now remember i have to complete 85 to 90 points per day..LOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah here is a normal day, i go into the office at 6:30. I see what route the router gave me the night before, i go over what i feel i need to install. Then i TRY to get mapquest, but in which i get bitched out for using. Then i load my van, and HAVE to be at my first job by 8 Am. If im not at my first job by this time, i am called on my nextel and yelled at..lol

I will no matter what have 4-5 jobs per day, normally two installs and a s/change and a t/c.

The routes aren't changed for drive time or anything like that, we have to travel 70 miles some times.

T/C-S/C is 12 points
1/1 18 points
2/2 22points
3/3 26 points
4/4 30 points
622/722 swap 9 points

Now remember i have to complete 85 to 90 points per day..LOLOLOLOLOL
There's no way I would work under those conditions.
First off, I don't tolerate "getting yelled atIn other words no job is that important that I will take sh*t off anyone.
Now with that aside. I was in the war with the long hours and all the bull. I got out.
I worked under a similar system in another industry , long hours, pushing numbers. Customer service be damend. It was "don't do a good job, just meet production.
Screw that. I work to live. Not the other way around.
The people at the local DNS office do not understand why their turnover is nearly 100% every 12 months. Low pay, long hours, poor training. I wonder if they realize how often they pay for want ads in the paper advertising for techs..

Wow, I feel for you full time 'points' guys!!!!!
I'm retired, and at the most will do 2 installs in one day for my friend the retailer.

During warm weather I play golf 3 or 4 times a week and we schedule Dish jobs around that!!!!!
And I don't really need this pt job, just gets me outta da house!
Life is GOOD.

fred

Wow, I feel for you full time 'points' guys!!!!!
I'm retired, and at the most will do 2 installs in one day for my friend the retailer.

During warm weather I play golf 3 or 4 times a week and we schedule Dish jobs around that!!!!!
And I don't really need this pt job, just gets me outta da house!
Life is GOOD.

fred
I work for a DNSC contratcor. We don't have pts quotas. When techs are hired they are asked how mmuch work they would like on a given day. I will take no more than 3-4 jobs..The limit to my patience is about 10 hrs of work per day..After that, I'm a waste product.
The guys over at DNS are driven into the ground. Probably the main reson why they have so much turnover there. Not my problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)