Tonight's Dodgers game not shown in HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

clue

Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
Anyone know why? I checked Fox Prime Ticket's website and it shows that the game is indeed being broadcast in HD for Dish Network in my area. But I'm only getting the SD feed.

Tried chatting with Dish customer service but the person was clueless and just regurgitated some standard useless response.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks

Happens frequently; When Angels games are broadcast simultaneously with Dodgers games, one or the other is "joined in progress" in HD, the standard reasoning in these parts is "due to bandwidth constraints" or some such balderdash.

Think this is standard Dish approach to all RSNs in dual markets like this, not limited to Dodgers/Angels.

Last edited:
Weird .. as the other provider has both Angels (FSW) and Dodgers (PT) in HD on the sports leader.

And also on TW Cable.

So looks like DN chooses NOT to show the Dodgers in HD.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

With the new satellite up there, bandwidth shouldn't be as limited. Time to dump SD RSNs and tell the SD subs too bad. Funny how HD subs pay more, but get less to appease the ones who pay less. SD is a dying format for sports. All that the SD feeds are, is the HD feed compressed and put in widescreen anyway. So make them upgrade to VIPs or Hoppers and let them keep their SD TVs. The new HD channels will look exactly the same as the current SD ones look.

I noted that, yesterday, during this fiasco, MASN had the game in HD but Prime didn't. Of course MASN would have the Washington announcers but.....

With the new satellite up there, bandwidth shouldn't be as limited.

its not even that.....its laziness on Dish's part

a couple weeks ago the excuse was "oh with NBA & NHL going on too the RSN bandwidth is extremely stretched"...
NBA is on ESPN & TNT...both are CONUS channels
NHL Is on CNBC, NBCSN and NHL NET...all Conus channels

There should be plenty of bandwidth for the RSN's to be in HD

I had NHL games, including the first round of the playoffs, on my RSN, so that isn't entirely true, Ice. I'm sure many other RSNs are similar.

With the new satellite up there, bandwidth shouldn't be as limited.

What new satellite? Location? 61.5? I agree that DISH should trash all the non-mpeg4 receivers, however, to eliminate the band width problem they need 2 new sats, because no one sat feeds both arcs -- 61.5-72.7-77 / 110-119-129 !!!

I believe most all the NHL games are also on the RSN's. Even Basketball is sometimes on both national at local (not later rounds of playoffs), at least in Boston. In addition NESN has two HD feeds when the Bruins and Red Sox play. And I also agree there is no new satellite in the WA not sure where that comes into play. But more than any of that, why is this any kind of surprise? Every year at this time a few games miss being in HD.
The important ones are always in HD, Boston Sports. :D

Only the first round of the NHL playoffs are broadcast on the RSN's in addition to the NBC networks. From here on out the games will be exclusive to NBC either on NBC, NBC Sports Network or CNBC.

I had NHL games, including the first round of the playoffs, on my RSN, so that isn't entirely true, Ice. I'm sure many other RSNs are similar.

I know you did but there were times where MLB games that were on after the hockey game werent in HD.
Great examples were the Penguins/Pirates games where the Pens game is in HD yet the pirates game (which was right after the pens game as it was in the west coast) was in SD

I know you did but there were times where MLB games that were on after the hockey game werent in HD.
Great examples were the Penguins/Pirates games where the Pens game is in HD yet the pirates game (which was right after the pens game as it was in the west coast) was in SD
But you're contradicting what you said earlier..."NHL Is on CNBC, NBCSN and NHL NET...all Conus channels"...making it seem like there should have been more RSN bandwidth available a few weeks ago because the NHL games aren't on the RSNs, they are on other CONUS channels. With NHL, NBA and MLB games all vying for transponder space, something had to give, (ie. Pirate games in SD).

Now, both NBA and NHL games are free from the RSNs...bet we won't see any more SD games now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)