Too much to ask????

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would be shocked to not see them add more HD national but at least back up the press release they put out years ago promising all HBO's in HD like Dish, main reason I went back to Dish was the movie premiums.

That "promise" was made under the old ownership....they are gone....so under the new ownership that "promise" means nothing.

yes when the new sat is up & running....theyve already said they will add 40-50 HDs by end of Q1-10.

& yes its too bad dish has to lower the quality of their HD channels to "squeeze" more into their topped out bandwidth.
Is the satellite going to require a new dish? I just got my setup about 6 months ago :(

That "promise" was made under the old ownership....they are gone....so under the new ownership that "promise" means nothing.

Maybe from a legal standpoint. Heck, the press release isn't a legal binding contract even under the old ownership. But that isn't the point. New owner or old owner, from a customer satisfaction standpoint that promise should be kept.

Personally, I made my choice to go wtih DirecTV based on the presumption that they would eventually honor that press release and add the 11 HBO/MAX HD channels. I never imagined they would just skip out and not do it.

For me, it doesn't really matter anymore. I have DirecTV and FIOS and I carry my premiums with FIOS (getting all 26 HBO/MAX HD channels). But, if they don't start adding HD nationals, especially channels I don't get with FIOS, I will have no reason to stay with them when my contract gets closer to ending.

I like their DVR and wouldn't mind keeping them. It is fairly inexpensive. But I need more HD and I cannot believe you would actually defend them on this. You know what that makes you don't you? A fanboy. You are a DirecTV fanboy. Sorry to say. But you are.

Do you ever criticize them? Or is your immediate reaction to any complaint to make an excuse for them?

I on the other hand am not a fanboy. I have FIOS and DirecTV and I praise and criticize each where it is due. I am annoyed with both for not adding much HD lately. I hate the FIOS DVR but praise DirecTV for theirs.

There are pros and cons to everything and every company. I cannot stand fanboys. Look deep into your heart and you will find things you don't like about DirecTV. If you cannot, there is something seriously wrong with your skewed view of the company.

But, if they don't start adding HD nationals, especially channels I don't get with FIOS, I will have no reason to stay with them when my contract gets closer to ending.

I already posted they are adding 40-50 HDs by end of Q1-10....what do u want me to tell u.

I already posted they are adding 40-50 HDs by end of Q1-10....what do u want me to tell u.

Tell me how you became a fan of the Dallas Cowboys when you live in Jersey?

Transplant from Tx or bandwaggoner?

Maybe you are just a fanboy of the Cowboys too!

Haha.... just busting your chops... you're OK... like they say in your neck of the woods, "You're good people." Even though you are a person and people is a term for more than one person, "You are good people."

Vurbano, I agree with the general sentiment of your post.

Having said that, NOBODY in the history of SatelliteGuys griped longer or louder about not having their HD LILs in their local market than you.

Now you finally have them and you're still not happy.

You've threatened to quit D* before, borrow the $2k if you have to, and get your 2 Tivos and go to FIOS.

Then you can gripe about them!:)
I griped about HDLIL because DMA 43 was listed as getting it in the about the second wave yet when it was delayed a year behind much smaller DMA's D* still wouldnt come clean as to why. Pathetic. :rolleyes:

I griped about HDLIL because DMA 43 was listed as getting it in the about the second wave yet when it was delayed a year behind much smaller DMA's D* still wouldnt come clean as to why. Pathetic. :rolleyes:

I'd still suggest you raise the $2K (however you care to do it), buy your 2 HD Tivos and go to FIOS.

Then you can gripe in those forums, not in this one!:D

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)