Too stupid to figure out record function

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ferl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Troy, IL
While watching something for 10-60 minutes or so and I see something specific I want to record, I rewind to the point I want the recording to start and hit record. I forward past the point where I want my recording to end and then stop recording. More often than not, the recording captures the entire 10-60 I've been watching when all I want is 2-3 minutes of the show. Conversely, when I'm watching something and want to save everything I just viewed and the rest of the show, I hit record and it picks up at the point I hit record. It's like it knows what I want and chooses to do the opposite.

I have VIP equipment so this may differ from the Hopper.

When I hit record while watching a program there is a menu with a choice to record from the beginning assuming you were on that channel from the beginning.

If I want a specific passage it can't be exact but I go back to where I want to record from and start recording then go to live and stop recording. It will record from the place I went back to to however long it went from there to live.

I hit record and does from that point to the end of the show again there is a menu for choices.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I think it's voodoo. I get the same results. Sometimes it will record whatever is in the playback buffer even without skipping back. Sometimes it just picks up where it is.

I have noticed that if I do it on my Joey's, it seems to be much more consistent in recording the entire last 60 minutes or when the show started, whichever is shortest.

IIRC if you rewind to the beginning of a program and ask to record it will record everything that is in the buffer after the start point so if you were viewing material after the section you want to record it will be included. $0.02.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
While watching something for 10-60 minutes or so and I see something specific I want to record, I rewind to the point I want the recording to start and hit record. I forward past the point where I want my recording to end and then stop recording. More often than not, the recording captures the entire 10-60 I've been watching when all I want is 2-3 minutes of the show. Conversely, when I'm watching something and want to save everything I just viewed and the rest of the show, I hit record and it picks up at the point I hit record. It's like it knows what I want and chooses to do the opposite.
Just do the opposite of what you think you should do and it will behave how you want ;)

Thanks all for the replies. I wasn't getting the email notifications of replies so I thought no one had opinions on my issues.
I've adopted the "do the opposite approach".

What a burn ;) Good one.
Nothing that exiting. Usually it's a clip from the news or a segment of a nature doc. She and her zookeeper husband are in to herpetology and entomology. I show them interesting clips when they come over and don't like searching an event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts