Took receiver to camp - local channels didn't work...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sc0rp10n

Original poster
Sep 11, 2004
Hi. I have a cabin 75 miles away from my home. I installed a dish on the cabin and took one of my receivers from home and it worked fine...except for one thing. When I went to the local channels, it said I haven't paid for those channels. Now the local channels where my cabin is are different from the local channels at my home. Is there any way I can get local channels to work in both places? Do I just need to program the receiver with the zip code of wherever I am?

locals at cabin

please post what market home is in and what market the cabin is in, you might be out of the spot beam range of your home local market. Also what dish are you using a round or oval?

Home is in Jackson, MS. Cabin is 60-75 miles east in Newton, MS. It's 2/3 of the way between Jackson and Meridian.

<EDIT>
I'm using round, although I have an oval laying around I could use. Not planning on doing any HD though.
</EDIT>

Sc0rp10n said:
Hi. I have a cabin 75 miles away from my home. I installed a dish on the cabin and took one of my receivers from home and it worked fine...except for one thing. When I went to the local channels, it said I haven't paid for those channels. Now the local channels where my cabin is are different from the local channels at my home. Is there any way I can get local channels to work in both places? Do I just need to program the receiver with the zip code of wherever I am?
More than likely , you are out of your spot beam, therefore you will not be able to get your locals ...

Jimbo

Great - thanks. Guess I'll try installing the oval dish out there next time I go out. Hope it's not much harder than the round one was. Wonder which locals it'll give me...

Sc0rp10n said:
Great - thanks. Guess I'll try installing the oval dish out there next time I go out. Hope it's not much harder than the round one was. Wonder which locals it'll give me...
First be patient the Phse 3 dish is harder to install because you are looking for 3 satellites instead of 1, you can do it but it will require patience.
Second you only qualify/authorized for your locals at the home address so if you are still in the footprint for the spotbeam those are the only locals you will receive.:)

Sc0rp10n said:

The locals from your home area - not the cabin area.

No wondering about that.

How wide are those "spotbeams"? Is it a given that once I change to the oval dish (like home), I'll get my home locals 75 miles away?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)