'Torchwood'

By releasing it within a week of their Brit counterparts, you cut down on the incentive to find it elsewhere....

Yup, makes sense. I had no intention of downloading the show since it would be here within a week anyway... that is until I read this:

Note that the BBC (UK) is airing special PG versions the day after the adult versions.
It seems likely that BBC America will be using the PG versions as the starting point for their shortened-to-fit-the-time-slot versions...

Download of yesterday's show is running now. *lol* Edited for content PG version my ass. I want to see the real thing.

So I miss a few expletives and Jack kissing some guys, ... I'll live.

OK, so who is your avatar this month? Can't place her.....

FYI - The BBC is showing the new episodes on BBC-HD ... runtime is just over 47 minutes, and US standard runtime is just over 44 minutes, so there should be 3 minutes of XXX content removed every week. ;)

Oh, and the resolution for these on BBC-HD is... 1440x1080... no don't say it ! :D

OK, so who is your avatar this month? Can't place her.....

Haven't been changing them nearly as frequently as monthly. In fact I think I've only changed it 3 times since I joined this site, as the rules here prohibit the type of avatars I really like.

Currently its Vanessa Carlton, best known for her "Thousand Miles" single, although I like her later albums much better, but they haven't done nearly as well commercially.

So I miss a few expletives and Jack kissing some guys, ... I'll live.

If South Park can have a running count of the number of times people say sh*t (160), then whats wrong with a couple guys kissing... even tho on one Torchwood episode they must have exchanged a gallon of saliva? :D

If South Park can have a running count of the number of times people say sh*t (160), then whats wrong with a couple guys kissing... even tho on one Torchwood episode they must have exchanged a gallon of saliva? :D

Season Two Episode One has multiple instances... one poster on another Forum said "... this is getting too gay for me..." :eek:

Generally, I thought the ep was better than most of Season One, so maybe Russell Davies has been reading the criticisms.

PS As far as HD-Net ... it seems unlikely, because Season Two is showing on BBC-America, and they would not have purchased it without exclusive rights for a certain length of time (probably some months)...

According to the HDnet website 2nd season will premier on 2/11 /08 at 7:00pm eastern/ 6:00 central time. So wait till February and skip the sd version on BBC America.

Thanks, that's great news!
I usually record the SD version on BBC america, then delete them as the episodes get DVR'd in HD.

A search of the HDNet site didn't find anything new, but I finally found the link you saw:
HDNet - Coming Soon to HDNet

According to the HDnet website 2nd season will premier on 2/11 /08 at 7:00pm eastern/ 6:00 central time. So wait till February and skip the sd version on BBC America.

Which means that if you subscribe to HD-Net, then if you watch the BBC-HD versions earlier, it is legal "time shifting" - just in the opposite direction. ;)

Was tonight's show really really grainy in the darker scenes for everyone else? For that matter, even in the bright scenes the HDNet logo showed compression artifacts. Are they not giving this channel enough bandwidth anymore?

The episode seemed unedited. I checked that the encounter between Jack and James Marsters in front of the LCD showing a flaming image (ahem) was the same, and it was.

I think that HD-Net has fewer commercials than network TV, so I don't think it was edited for time, either.

So, while the BBC-America versions are undoubtedly edited for content and time, I doubt that the HD-Net showing is edited at all.

( I've also seen four episodes, and so far, this season definitely has better scripts than last season... )

The first 5 episodes of Season Two were pretty good, on the whole.

Then they started into a really silly series of stories, that make no logical sense and seem largely pointless. :(

This has been true for Eps 6, 7 and 8 (7 was one of the worst TV eps I've seen in a long time), and I don't see how they are going to end this anytime soon (he said, trying to avoid spoilers).

Just a heads up (or is that a heads down?)...

yeah, there are quite a few rumors out there on the cuts that caused season 3 to be so short on episodes. But combine that with the Doctor being on extended break and I personally have t wonder if the writers just need some time off.

To me, these 2 series at times have had to be very mentally challenging to write and keep consistent for fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)