Toshiba HD-DVD Player HD-D2, $249, free HDMI cable and 5 HD-DVDs

jdmart

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
Albuquerque
Saw this yesterday at Costco in Albuquerque. They have these for $349.99 with a $100 INSTANT rebate thru June 16th.

found the rebate form but Costco's website doesn't seem to mention anything about the HD-D2.. btw, is the D2 just a renamed A2?

I went to my local Costco store and saw the HD-D2 with the $100 instant rebate but nothing about the 5 Free movies. Is that a separate rebate? or how does it work?

Thanks for the correction. :)

I was confusing it with 1st gen HD DVD player which did have a coupon in the box.

No problem. I had to go hunting for the rebate form when I purchased my HD-A2 this week at BB. I was able to pick it up for the $299 price with 2 free HD-DVD's after purchasing the Matrix along with it. I was able to pick up the player and a total of 10 HD-DVD's for $378 after the 5 free rebate.

I got my local Bestbuy to match the xbox 360 deal in the BB ad to the HD-A2 purchase. So they too are doing the HD-A2, Matrix Trilogy, 2 free in-store HD-DVDs then 5 free by mail.

Also, I had them price match the HD-DVD matrix trilogy to the Wal-mart website price of $63.87

Ah, interestingly it is not in the local circular that I received for circuit city this week, but I do see it online. I am missing quite a few pages from my insert now that I look at the online version. Oh well, I still go the deal and got the trilogy price matched to walmart, so it turned into a slightly better deal.

Ah, interestingly it is not in the local circular that I received for circuit city this week, but I do see it online. I am missing quite a few pages from my insert now that I look at the online version. Oh well, I still go the deal and got the trilogy price matched to walmart, so it turned into a slightly better deal.

You did get a good deal. I picked mine up last week and love it.

I haven't noticed this player at my local Costco, but saw it at Sam's Club tonight for $243.87. I didn't pick one up, but may have to in the very near future.

i picked one up today, I couldn't resist. I already have a PS3 but $249 with 5 free HDDVDs is too good to pass up.

Can anyone recommend a good HDDVD for picture quality?

i picked one up today, I couldn't resist. I already have a PS3 but $249 with 5 free HDDVDs is too good to pass up.

Can anyone recommend a good HDDVD for picture quality?

Congratulations on going dual format & enjoying all high def all the time. :up
I did it the opposite way - enjoyed HD DVD for over a year and then got a PS3 when it reached the "sweet spot" pricing - a 20GB model on eBay for just over $400.

Don't know your tastes in movies, but some of the best PQ in HD DVD include:

King Kong
Matrix Trilogy
A Scanner Darkly
Planet Earth
The Scorpion King
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
Seabiscuit
Batman Begins
Chronicles of Riddick
Pitch Black

Enjoy!
Smokin' Aces
Serenity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)