Total Choice Premier -- what is/will be included?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

agregjones

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2004
Will DirecTV ever get with the program and include the HD Pack with Premier? I appreciate them covering the DVR fee (until that goes away with the new offerings, hopefully) but I pay a mirror fee, too. Seems they'd be more appreciative of customers willing to pay the $93.99.

I don't think their charges are really all that bad, and better that the HD is separate for the minority of customers who want that additional package vs. raise price for everyone to include it in Premiere.

With all the retention credits and free hardware they give away, D* is very appreciative of every customer, not just a Premiere customer.

If they will include the HD pak with the Premier pak, then I would upgrade to it in a heartbeat.

Neutron said:
If they will include the HD pak with the Premier pak, then I would upgrade to it in a heartbeat.

This is my point exactly. Right now I pay around $80 for one mirrored receiver, a DVR fee and Total Choice Plus Locals and one set of premium channels. I'd gladly pay another $15 to get everything but that's not the case: the everything package still has to have the $11 HD pack and the $5 mirroring fee added on top of it. As a side note, the only reason I have two receivers is that one is HD and one is a DVR. I wasn't willing to pay $1000 for the HD-DVR then and don't want to pay less for it now on the verge of its replacement. The $250 I paid for the HD receiver as more than enough.

As for the HD Pack being a luxury, we already paid for that privilege with higher equipment costs. Now, I have no real problem with paying for a possible DVR equipment rental since that is a clear distinction (rent vs. buy).

lvkewlkid said:
remember, not everyone has HD, so why would someone want to pay for something more, if they cant even get it.

I hate to bring this up, but every current subscriber is subsidizing the rollout of HD locals.

lvkewlkid said:
remember, not everyone has HD, so why would someone want to pay for something more, if they cant even get it.

Not everyone has a DVR either, yet the DVR fee is included, so why not include the HD pack?

I think if they included the HD pack with the premium package, more people would be inclined to buy an HD receiver. To me this move should be a no-brainer for D*

But, I don't think D* has ever been accused of having a brain when it comes to stuff like this...LOL :)

shugo77 said:
I think if they included the HD pack with the premium package, more people would be inclined to buy an HD receiver. To me this move should be a no-brainer for D*

Couldn't agree more. Even though it's only a few bucks, it's one of those things that increases the value of what you're getting.

The receiver purchase being a plus really won't be in play too much longer, seeing how many discounts / leasing / etc D* appears to have coming down the pipe

Since my wife is trying the homemaker lifestyle she upped our package to the Total Choice Premier package. We have the HD receiver and DVR. Our total bill is $104 a month for both the Premier, extra receiver fee, and HD Pak.

Neutron said:
Since my wife is trying the homemaker lifestyle she upped our package to the Total Choice Premier package. We have the HD receiver and DVR. Our total bill is $104 a month for both the Premier, extra receiver fee, and HD Pak.

Damn Neutron,

That stay at home gig is costing you more money than you thought!!! :D

Why even get Premier anyway. Get Total Choice Plus, HD Pack and Netflix. You'll save a ton and have much better movie PQ on DVD (other then the few HD movies on HBO or Showtime and hope they aren't cropped). ;)

bonscott87 said:
Why even get Premier anyway. Get Total Choice Plus, HD Pack and Netflix. You'll save a ton and have much better movie PQ on DVD (other then the few HD movies on HBO or Showtime and hope they aren't cropped). ;)
NetFlix doesn't bring new episodes of The Sopranos or Entourage, ESPNU or other sports channels. And some of us live out in the boonies where the postal service makes NetFlix have something like a five day turnaround.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts