Total numbers of receivers on one account

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rainy99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
USA
Just curious does Directv have a maximum # of receivers allowed per account. Just looking for what other people have on their account currently.

Thanx R99

Probably 8 for average people. 16 for mansions. Just a wild guess. I've never heard anyone complaining that they got limited but I don't know how high anyone has tried to go.

Are you only referring to residential? I've seen hotels with 40-60 receivers in a room with modulators to feed 40-60 channels to the rooms.

Posted Via The FREE iOS SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Currently have ten on my account would like to add one more. Does anyone out there have more than this on one account?

Thanx

This was brought up quite awhile ago and I think someone chimed in that someone had like 14 at the residence.

I really don't think there is a limit, but you can be sure if you do get up that high, they will be checking every so often to see if they are all in the same house.

I remember someone having 16 receivers on their account...of course they all weren't at their residence

I think 16 is the most I've seen on one account, not aware of any limit. Although at a certain point I think if it's a residential account, "they" would make sure its a residence and not a Business (Such as a Hotel, Apartment building, etc..)

No upper limit to the number of receivers on a single account.Account Verification gets a little heads up from most agents if there's over 12 on a residential account.

100% can verify 16 on a single account. One room, all IRD's. I will leave it to the imagination why you would need so many actively monitored at once here in MN but it was not my or DirecTV's issue and was a legitimate residential customer.

What you will 100% for sure do when you call for 16 IRD or have 4 and want 8 more or any combo like this is get SI attention. Any large number or sudden increase in those ranges looks like potential commercial fraud or scaled mirroring. If your need is legitimately 16 IRD like mentioned above or another legitimate reason you have nothing to worry about. If you live in a small town, your name is Smithers and you own Smithers Bar and just signed up for ST, are running an ad in the local paper and just got 16 authorized IRD for your double wide trailer........SI might figure something is up LOL

The biggest account I've ever dealt with had 23 receivers active at one time with a tenure of eleven years. I confirmed with the customer that she was actually running such a system, and she claimed that on top of having a decently large home, some rooms did have multiple receivers. I'd hate to be the guy that has to service that system.

16 here also. Hd dvrs in every room.i just keep adding they never say a word.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

16 receivers!My gosh,do you have a bed and breakfast or something?

If money is not a real concern, having TV and DIRECTV in every room is desired by some. Many larger homes can easily accommodate 16 TVs.

Sure,I don't dispute that.I just don't know many folks that have 16 rooms in a single home.;)

since you can only have 1 Genie per account why not add HD DVR's instead?
I had 2 HD DVR's in one room before I got my Genie 2+ years ago

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)