Totally new event regarding RTN feeds on 83W AMC 9

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi everyone,
I must make a correction here, today on all 3 Panset 3500,9000,9200 I am receiving ( LEO-1 Video 1 ) Levels 66, Quality 55, Down Frequency TP (11740) and RTN is on TP (11735)H, Symbol Rate (4324), Video (308), audio (256), PCR (8190), this is definitely a signal 5MHz above RTN perhaps someone is adjusting their transmitter without first looking at the surrounding frequency or not considering the Video bandwidth and I don't believe they cannot see RTN right beside them who knows

have a great day:)

Of course, I was not monitoring at the same time you were, so there may have been something there then that isn't there now... however I really think you are wrong on this. I have run spectrum scans numerous times on AMC9, and I've never seen the peak at 11740 you describe. And when I have found the LEO-Video 1 signal, it has always been at about 11729 or 11730, NOT at 11740.
I just now ran a spectrum scan from 11700 to about 11785:

amc9-ku.jpg

I've put an arrow to indicate the 11735 RTN signal. You can see the 11730, and 11725 signals to the left of it, but NOTHING at 11740. The next real signal is the one at 11776 .
As I've indicated before, what I am convinced is happening, is that these receivers with blind scan have a very loose tuner, and if you set it at say 11740, it will look around and find some nearby signal. Now depending upon how the firmware does it's searching (I know you're not blind searching, but these receivers search within a small bandwidth of where you tell it to in a transponder scan), for some reason some of these receivers will pick up that LEO signal, instead of the RTN signal that is nearer to it.
A tight receiver, like the Twinhan 1020a, will not lock ANYTHING at 11740, but a loose receiver like my Ultra might lock either the RTN or the LEO signal, depending upon what kind of mood it's in on a particular day.

Anyway, things may have been different an hour or two ago, but I doubt it. The scan has looked very similar every time I've looked, and there has never been an 11740 signal there. I'm convinced that it is just your receiver locking on a frequency different from what you've given it.

Could the bogie signal be a harmonic generated by the LNB? We have observed numerous sample LNBFs to generate harmonics that wipe out desired frequencies.

AMC 9 RTN on Sonicview 8000 Hd

I have a sonicview 8000 and I am trying to find AMC 9 but I don't see it listed on the sat menu. Does anyone know if it is named something else or if it just is not there? I am trying to get RTN.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts