Tracker Premier System 70, any use?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow. Thanks all for the wealth of information. I am truly humbled by the expertise here. It also shows me how much has been automated and streamlined with the newer technologies out there. I had no idea this box was that old. The fellow I bought it from told me he had purchased it about five years ago.

MrFTAMan, if it wouldn't be too much trouble I would very much appreciate the PDF. I'm beginning to understand that there is a great deal to learn here. Heck, I don't even know most of the nomenclature. The manual would at least give me an idea of what to research. A lot to absorb for a newbie.

I had been wondering what the IF inputs and the voltages were about.

Thanks again!

Yuccabrevifolia,
I got the manual scanned but having problems putting it into PDF. I will get it done ASAP!

Iceberg, I am very tempted to order one of those receivers you're telling me about.
Have you tried out your receiver yet?

Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. Yes I have mine set up to G16 for the analog feeds. Works great. Compared to my Toshiba its a pain in the ass to set up satellites but once I got G16 in (G4 in the menus) it worked fine. I have not set it up for KU band yet but will do that soon

Set it for LNBF and I can flip between both polarities with no issues and no external receiver to switch polarities. Cable comes from the multiswitch I have to the receiver

Thank you, Iceberg. I was hoping the receiver would have a display showing the info. The ORB-5000 I have is the same way. All the info is on OSD as well. So I decided against getting the Nextwave receiver.
After I did a major cleanup on the ORB-5000 receiver remote control it works like a charm!
I am seriously thinking about moving the 4DTV to the Wilson dish (5 footer I got going) and see how well it work as for as the 4DTV. I have great reception on the ORB-5000. So I am going to try the 4DTV to see what it would do.
I want to try to use the GeoSatPro C-2 on the 4DTV.d
I remember sometime back that one of our members said that I can use the 4DTV menu to set it to receive signals from the C-2. Do you know if I can do that? I know you will say that the Wilson dish would be too small. My thinking is that since I live in the deep south I may be able to pull that off. From where you live I can understand your comment since the signal from the sats will be weaker.
Again, thanks for giving me the info about the Nextwave receiver. I trust your input on the FTA issues.

While on Ebay last night, I saw a new same model Nextwave starting at 99 cents with one day left but no bids were shown. Checked the shipping costs and it was quoted at $38!
That seller is stuck with that IRD!

HTS Premier 70 Manual

I want to apologize for sending this PDF copy of this manual late.
I had to find software that would scan the pages of the manual and convert them into PDF in a few steps. Software works great! :)
I hope this manual will help those of you who want to use this IRD to go from satellite to satellite for the FTA receivers.
I only scanned the pages that relate to installing and programming this IRD.

Attachments

• Houston Tracker Premier 70.pdf
    8.7 MB · Views: 285
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)