Tracking Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satcustomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
California
Everything seemed to be in order as I located and locked in on my True South Satellite @ 123W (scanned and watched some channels) using USALS and then I motored the dish over to 72W with decent signal quality and then scanned (got the GBN channel crystal clear). So I should be tracking, right? Well, when I motored the dish to 74W and went to the transponder that has ONN, I got absolutely zero signal quality. Then I tried a different satellite (AMC 4 @ 101W) and I got good signal quality there, scanned and picked up all the channels without a problem. Can't seem to get a couple other satellites, such as 89W and 103W, either. By the way, my Latitude = 37.75 and Longitude = 121.95, STAB HH90 Motor set @ at approximately 37.5, and Dish elevation set @ approximately 39on a Fortec Star 90cm. What do I need to do to correct the problem?

74W is very weak for me. It sounds like you are tracking pretty well but that your elevaton may be a tad off. By the time you get all the way over to 74W it is to far off to gather up a signal. If it was me I'd go back to true south or maybe one over that has a "weakish" signal and tweak the elevation for max signal again.

:hatsoff:

Would you suggest adjust the elevation on the motor or tweak the elevation on the dish or both? The motor elevation has clear marks which makes it easy to fine tune, however the dish does not have any one degree increment markings; just goes from say 30 to 35 and then to 40. As far as my True South Satellite goes (123W), I did try to peak a weak transponder (11720 V 27692) and got signal quality of around 47-51%. How come I got good signal quality on 72W but not on 74W?

satcustomer said:
Would you suggest adjust the elevation on the motor or tweak the elevation on the dish or both? The motor elevation has clear marks which makes it easy to fine tune, however the dish does not have any one degree increment markings; just goes from say 30 to 35 and then to 40. As far as my True South Satellite goes (123W), I did try to peak a weak transponder (11720 V 27692) and got signal quality of around 47-51%. How come I got good signal quality on 72W but not on 74W?

AS u say the motor is clear to read so you know that's right for your location. DO not adjust the motor just the dish. It is hard to be gentle and precise when the dish wants to plop down I use two hands and my thumbs then when its right lock one side down real quick..but make real sure the dish is already tight on the motor shaft .:hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Im a hacker... ban me

New setup, please help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)