tracking the arc with satellite finder

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
i got my 40 inch dish set up for my ku birds. i have picked up amc 4, g4,galaxy 25,g3, t6,and g11, as well as echo at 110. i am a little confused though. when i hit g4 i can slowly btmp the dish and the meter never goes off the max mark until i get to about 92 deg and then i bump a few times and pick up t6. it is like g4,g25,and g3 are all together, the meter i have is the sat finder 15 dollar little meter but it usually works well. another thing is the dish isnt getting anything between 103 to 110, the amc sats. i just bumb the dish real slowly and ever 4 or 5 degrees go up or down on the elevation. anyhow i saw one feed on t6, and the elavation is off according to the geosat and other cordinance because the pole is level and the bracket shows g3 as 57.5 inches elev when for my area it should be 54.8. maybe it is my land. anyways have any of you used a sat finder like i have and noticed it not moving for 3 sats?

They are way over sensative try putting meters and meters of cable inline with the things. Well, this is what I have heard about them. Never used one myself. Prefer the taking the telle and box out to the dish. Nothing beats it except for a dedicated spectrum analizer but a litte over the top for most hobbiest.

well i need to get me a small tv to take out to the dish, one thing i like about them as aposed to the box is you can move the dish quick and it will jump as soon as you go by the signal, the box will let you pass up signals alot unless you go very very slow. one thing i dont like about the meter is it doesnt tell signal quality. i have been maxed on a sat before to where the meter could go no farthar and show just a 40 pct signal quality. i would like to get a great meter i heard actually says the words i found it when you hit a signal so you dont even have to look at the meter plus it lets you select the sat you are looking for. i must have went in the house ten times yesterday thinking i found t6 to then find out i was still on g3. hate it when that happens.

If you peg the needle, turn the sensitivity down to get the needle in the middle and readjust your dish slightly to see if you get a stronger signal. If you peg the needle again, adjust the sensitivity each time until you can't peg the needle. I used one of these little meters on my 7.5 bud with a polar mount and it worked great. Hope this helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.