Trade hd PPV for national hd

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Maybe I am dreaming but why can't dish trade in most if not all ppv hd for some more national hd. I cannot believe that dish would count these channels as a national hd channel. Maybe they are placeholders for some real channel. I think I am dreaming again. They have to notice that there is not alot of traffic on these channels. Maybe dish is having negotiation problems. I would like some answers dish!!!

Dish makes additional money by charging for the programs on these channels. Why would they want to take that away?

To make money off of it you have to have people to pay for it. I can promise you that these channels are not used.

I think Dish will eventually do what a lot of us initially expected and timeshare the HD PPV channels on the RSN transponders.

I have ordered a couple too, Disturbia was excellent in HD. I am not buying an HD DVD player or BR til the crap settles, this fills a gap in that I have no place to get HD movies and I hate watching SD movies on my HD TV's (7 of them).

So, I happen to like this option, I bet a bunch of others will too. There is enough space to add several more Channels, so these shouldn't hold anything up for you.

You will find people have viewing preferences that may differ from yours. What you hate, many may like. So adding things like the HD PPV gives us more options.

I was actually excited to see the HD ppv channels come live. I never ordered PPV before because they weren't in HD. I would wait for the movies to come to HBO HD. I've gone back and forth with Netflix because it seemed I would always have a disc or two sit in my house for over a month and I hate to deal with local rental stores. I am also waiting for the Blue-Ray HD DVD war to finish. So to pay 5 bucks for a movie in HD that I have the option of keeping on my ext. hard drive I think is well worth it. I would have been upset if E* ditched the HD ppv channels for TWC in HD.

We tried Netflix for a while, 3 out of 6 DVD would be scratched, would skip, jump or not play correctly. We are in a 3 day ship zone so for a replacement, it would take a week, so we dropped them. Not having an HD player, the HD PPV is a good thing for us and I would rather have that than TBS HD stretchovision or TWC stretchovision.

Now when we do settle on an HD player, I am sure my need for HD PPV will drop, but heck, with the hard drive archive, we can save the HD movie for later, not something you can do with a rented DVD, legally anyway...

I have an HD DVD Player, but my movie rental place is 10 miles away and same price for renting an HD DVD (which I will still do) but movies like Wild Hogs that are Blu-Ray exclusive will be on an external drive to watch when I want... no need for Blu-Ray now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)