Transfer of access card

So, currently with my old receivers, I'm on the SWM system. I haven't had to upgrade a receiver in quite some time so sorry for my ignorance here. Since I may get the HR44 (which from my understanding is a receiver that can be used for the Genie setup), I wanted to ensure that, just because I was getting the HR44, I didn't have to start upgrading to the Genie system and that, this new receiver would work well in my old setup just as my older one did (and as my other older ones do).

FYI: I chatted with Directv and they tried their hardest to drop ship me a new receiver without a tech (they said they don't do HR22's anymore so most likely, it'll be a new one, like the HR44). However, after an hour of trying with multiple different people and departments, they couldn't get around the Tech coming, which they said he happy just to drop off the receiver if I tell them to. However, as mentioned, I was able to do a drop ship and just pay for shipping ($19.95)

Also, thank you all for your help and advice in all of this.
Your confusing the Genie System ...
Its not really a Genie System, the HR44 you currently have is a Genie, as is the no longer used HR34 and the newer HR54, they are all Genies ..
I think what your thinking is the HS17, aka Genie2 ...
If you want to keep using your recvrs that you currently have, you'll be good with the HR44 ...
Its the HS17 that would require going to the Clients and getting rid of the rest of your recvrs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts