Transfer recordings from HWS to H3?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Zombie069

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Montrose, CO 81401
Is it possible to transfer my recordings to my new hopper 3? Getting the upgrade tomorrow afternoon, and I have several shows I'd like to not lose.

I don't have an external drive at the moment, never needed one, but I'll go buy one tonight if it's possible.

Despite repeated attempts, I had no luck at all transferring recordings from my HWS to my H3. I've heard that it's because my HWS didn't have the Carbon UI, but have no way to confirm that. Hope you'll have better luck!

How do I know if I have the carbon UI? My UI still appears the same as it always has.

Nevermind, I found the thread on how to update it. Going now.

Without a solid answer on the DVR transfer working I'm buying an EHD.

Last edited:
i think you have to have the both the hopper 3 with sling and the new wally receiver which use the carbon UI interface.

I've just completed the Carbon UI update on the HWS, and read several posts here and elsewhere saying the ethernet transfer from HWS to H3 worked. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

To the OP, Make sure the installer knows you are planning to do this so that they plan to leave the HWS with you. If the transfer via ethernet works, most reports are that it is pretty slow...it's not something that is likely to take place quickly and finish transferring while the installer is there. ;)

Can someone please post an instructions thread here. I plan on doing this very soon. Also when the installer leaves the Hopper W/Sling for the transfer.....when it's done do I just send it back by UPS or something??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)