Transfer timer list from 722 to HWS?

gary s

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 9, 2003
Southern Cal
Is it possible to transfer my timer list from a 722 to a HWS using a 21.0 remote?

Saw someone ask about a 622 (not possible) so thought I would ask about my 722.

Seems to me I remember reading it was only possible with a 722k but not sure.

Is it possible to transfer my timer list from a 722 to a HWS using a 21.0 remote?

Saw someone ask about a 622 (not possible) so thought I would ask about my 722.

Seems to me I remember reading it was only possible with a 722k but not sure.

Unfortunately no. 722 doesn't have the capability to backup timers to the remote. Also, the 21.0 is not capable of transferring timers to Hopper.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Unfortunately no. 722 doesn't have the capability to backup timers to the remote. Also, the 21.0 is not capable of transferring timers to Hopper.

Does this imply that I can backup the Hopper timers? If so, how do I do that?

Does this imply that I can backup the Hopper timers? If so, how do I do that?

Using a linked 40.0 remote, hold zero until the System Wizard shows up, then hit backup. It also automatically backs up weekly.

Using the remote to back up timers is just plain ridiculous. What Dish should have done years ago is to add a Save function on Dish Remote Access (now Dish Anywhere). This would have worked well for all DVRs with a broadband connection, including upgrades from a 622 to a HwS, and would have saved a lot of people from losing everything when a receiver goes down unexpectedly, or for those of us without a receiver model with the remote backup option.

Using the remote to back up timers is just plain ridiculous. What Dish should have done years ago is to add a Save function on Dish Remote Access (now Dish Anywhere). This would have worked well for all DVRs with a broadband connection, including upgrades from a 622 to a HwS, and would have saved a lot of people from losing everything when a receiver goes down unexpectedly, or for those of us without a receiver model with the remote backup option.
I don't think it's entire ridiculous, as there are plenty of subs without broadband connected receivers, but it would be nice to have a DRA/DA option. Covers more scenarios that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)