Transfer Timers between DVRs

I am still waiting for someone who has actually done it. AFAIC, it can't be! Was supposed to, didn't become reality.
The person two posts above has done it and is trying to lead us thru it.

Also, sometime ago I was able to bring up the option to Restore, but did not have the need to.

And finally, I am able to save my timers and do it on a weekly basis.

I don't think it would work with the tv2 remote as it uses IR to transfer the info. You need to have the remote pointed at the receiver with a clear shot for it to transfer. If it checks your remote for backups and it can't read it it's not going to give you the option to restore.

I don't think it would work with the tv2 remote as it uses IR to transfer the info. You need to have the remote pointed at the receiver with a clear shot for it to transfer. If it checks your remote for backups and it can't read it it's not going to give you the option to restore.
Yet the TV2 remote has the "System Wizard" button and the receiver will respond to it and it will set up the TV2 remote so it is compatible with the receiver. Also, the receiver will display the progress bar while it saves timers to the remote.

However, I will see if I can find my TV1 remote and try that one.

UPDATE: I tried backing up my timers to the TV1 (IR) Remote. The Wizard first set the remote and the rcvr to the same IR channel. It next allowed me to back up my timers to the remote. I deleted one timer to make sure that during the process of entering the wizard that it did not compare the # of timers and not offer the opportunity to restore timers if there had been no changes.

I can not get the wizard to offer me the option to restore timers to the rcvr.

There is absolutely no difference between the TV1 and the TV2 remote as far as the Wizard.

Last edited:
I don't know why Dish doesn't have an option to do this online. It would seen to be an easy thing to implement. They already have the option to set the timers from the web. Why not a "backup/restore" option?

I agree. The units crash so often that this would at least lessen the pain.

Even better, integrate the dish units with the windows home server from Microsoft. It would be great if the home server could backup the dish units. :D

been there done that

I am still waiting for someone who has actually done it. AFAIC, it can't be! Was supposed to, didn't become reality.

KAB my friend I've done it and gave the step by step to do it. It would be nice to do it on line but I think that E* hasn't done it due to the fact that we would have to be able to access someplace to store it. Then use a password protected file for access this file. I would like to see them allow us to use a memory stick to do the job via USB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)