Transfer timers to replacment 722?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bryanw20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
It looks like, at least 7months ago, that there is not a way to transfer timers from the DVR. Before I start writing down all 90+ timers & hopping to remember to add all the shows that are off for a while is going to be annoying.
I see Dish has this online thing where I can see all my current timers, is there not a way to send those to the replacment DVR?

On a side note, the 722k along with 20.0/21.0 remotes do have a backup feature that would allow you to store the timers along with other settings in the receiver to the remote. So when the receiver is replaced the data can be transferred to the new receiver from the remote, but the regular ol' 722 does not have the feature :( .

On a side note, the 722k along with 20.0/21.0 remotes do have a backup feature that would allow you to store the timers along with other settings in the receiver to the remote. So when the receiver is replaced the data can be transferred to the new receiver from the remote, but the regular ol' 722 does not have the feature :( .

Yea, I asked about getting a 722k for my replacment, and they said you get whatever ships.
Not really sure what the difference is, I think the k has a dual OTA tuner, so I could basicly record up to 4 shows at a time.

If that actually worked most of the time, it would be great. But as it is right now, you can't really depend on it to work.

Sorry, but there's no way to transfer them other then doing it manually.
Speaking of Dish Remote Access... We can see our timers via DRA, and we can set new timers via DRA. So why not have a "Store" and "Restore" for those timers for the case when the 722/622/612's need to be replaced?

I think Dish would be reluctant to spend the money to develop that feature. No direct revenue stream would result, and the marketing value would be quite low for most people (who would barely understand it, if at all). Besides, they have newer boxes with the feature, and that serves to encourage upgrading.

I think Dish needs to rake in some bucks. The day approaches when they will have to start replacing non-MPEG-4 boxes in earnest. Uncheap.

Thanks I thought about the online option, but it only shows like 20is timers at a time.. so like 4-5 pages to print, kinda wasteful. I didn't think about adding them back in via online tho. Thanks

If that actually worked most of the time, it would be great. But as it is right now, you can't really depend on it to work.

I recently replced my 722k. Saving my timers to the remote and restoring them to the replacement 722k worked just fine.

Thanks I thought about the online option, but it only shows like 20is timers at a time.. so like 4-5 pages to print, kinda wasteful. I didn't think about adding them back in via online tho. Thanks
If you have a lap top save the pages with the timer info to your hard drive. Then after the replacement is activated you have them without having to waste any ink, pencil lead, paper or time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts