Transfering from dvr

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Melony34

Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
I am not sure where to post this question so I just chose here. I have a dish network ViP 612 Dvr... I have to return the one I have now because it won't let me watch any Video on Demand movies. Dish Network said it was an internal problem with the Dvr and I would have to send it back and they would send me another one.

My problem is, I have already transfered my recorded shows and movies to a hard drive but I was wondering if there is anyway you can do the same with your show timers and favorite channel lists. I hate it when I have to re-do that everytime their Dvr screws up and I get another one.

Please answer quickly as I have to get this Dvr sent back b-4 10 days are up. Thanks for anyone who can answer or help.

The 21.0 remote can store your lists and timers onboard, but only if the receiver supports it, too. If I hit Menu on my remote twice, the System Info page has a button that says Next. Pressing that shows me directions to do the two way backup for my 722. Does your 612 have this feature? A 21.0 remote should be available from dish for about $20.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)