Transfering from dvr

Melony34

Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
I am not sure where to post this question so I just chose here. I have a dish network ViP 612 Dvr... I have to return the one I have now because it won't let me watch any Video on Demand movies. Dish Network said it was an internal problem with the Dvr and I would have to send it back and they would send me another one.

My problem is, I have already transfered my recorded shows and movies to a hard drive but I was wondering if there is anyway you can do the same with your show timers and favorite channel lists. I hate it when I have to re-do that everytime their Dvr screws up and I get another one.

Please answer quickly as I have to get this Dvr sent back b-4 10 days are up. Thanks for anyone who can answer or help.

The 21.0 remote can store your lists and timers onboard, but only if the receiver supports it, too. If I hit Menu on my remote twice, the System Info page has a button that says Next. Pressing that shows me directions to do the two way backup for my 722. Does your 612 have this feature? A 21.0 remote should be available from dish for about $20.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)