Transferring Saved PrimeTime Recordings to external drive.

Suppafreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
I am upgrading to a new Hopper and need to transfer all my saved shows. I have several PrimeTime saved shows and some non-PrimeTime shows. When I plug-in external HD and start transfer, I can only select non-PrimeTime shows for transfer. Is there a way to transfer saved PrimeTime shows?

Thanks.

I may be mistaken, but I think you need to wait until after the 8-day window for when the saved shows get moved out of the PTAT space and into your saved DVR space...if that makes sense.

I understand what you are saying, but if that is the case then it is not possible to transfer all the shows, because every week the new show will be recorded and new 8 day cycle will start for the new recorded show.

In any case I do have some shows that are older than 8 days, but those were not available for transfer.

I can't remember the specific steps, but you can go into the Primetime folder and "save" the programs you want permanently. It then moves them to your normal DVR recording list.

I don't have an external HDD, but I would think that you can now select them to be saved to your external drive.

I do that. I got to the prime time folder and save the show. That moves the show to the My Recording folder, but then I am not able to select it to be transferred.

Ahhh, okay - as I said, I don't have an external HDD, so hopefully someone who does and has (or has tried to) moved PTAT recordings can comment if it's ever worked or if you have always had to wait for "x" days.

Just change the days to keep setting to the lowest number (think it's 2), after the 2 days you should be able to transfer to your ehd. I did it before when having issues with hoppers & replacements.

I set the "keep" setting to 2 days but still no luck. Do I need to wait 2 days from today? What about shows that were recorded on 1/7 or 1/8, should those be available for transfer?

Based on peggy's response, it sounds like the 2-day wait timer starts after it's changed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Haven't transferred anything lately, but I think after the nightly reboot the system realizes the "save" settings have been changed & programming can be transferred. Should work today for those older recordings.

I was able to move all the shows to the EHD. However, when I connect the EHD to the new receiver, it is not being recognized. I get the message that in order to use the EHD it needs to be reformatted. I also noticed that receiver restarted several times while the EHD was connected. Any suggestion what I can do?

Thanks

I was able to move all the shows to the EHD. However, when I connect the EHD to the new receiver, it is not being recognized. I get the message that in order to use the EHD it needs to be reformatted. I also noticed that receiver restarted several times while the EHD was connected. Any suggestion what I can do?

Thanks

Wait till the next update for the fix.

Thanks

Contact Dirt. They can try a re-hit to your receiver.