transponder question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You will need to get rid of the switch. It is not compatible with the phase 3 dish.
It has to be a 4X or 6X and then you will need to go into the switch with all 4 wires then go to the receivers.

Here's an update. I still can't find 110. With regards to the switch in the box. I need to give more information on that. It is the switch pictured above in this thread. I think it is needed for the other two rooms.

The two upstairs rooms that have Directv have:
1- Normal Hughes Gold Receiver
2- Tivo System

The splitter has two cables from the dish coming into it. There are three going out to the upstairs rooms. One to the hughes and two going to the tivo unit. I think that setup is ok.

I have one cable running from the dish straight to the h10 downstairs with no switch involved.

Does all that sound ok?

If so, this is what I found out when going through the setup on the tivo last night, just checking out what it found for sat signals.

I am at the left end of the imaginary box for the azimuth and the upper height for the elevation on that imaginary box. 217 az and 44 elevation.

When I can get a second person to help with signal location I will be able to move the dish around that imaginary box and see if I can find 110.

I know this was long but I thought if I was missing something you could advise.

Thanks again,

Ken

Well to update. The stars and moons must have all been aligned. I tweaked the azimuth and the elevation a bit and hit 90 plus on all three sats. I had tried that over and over but this time it just happened.

Anyway, thanks for the help! Next is tweaking this phillips indoor 50db ota I have. It picks up a good bit for an indoor. I'll add the outdoor soon.

Thanks again!

Ken

valveman said:

didnt mean to be rude,,but,,im a tech (6years)

if you had the 101 and 119 you had to have the 110

the m/s issue....if all 3 IRDS are watching the channels that are say left hand polarity 18VOLT . if you switch one to a channel that is right hand polarity 13VOLT and it goes thru the non cascadable switch, the lnbs will lock on 18V and show "searching...." on the 13v side.

i think i did that right....SIGH...too many miles and too many jobs today....:) and the bud light is kicking in....LOL

mostly correct, you would see just the 101 with a 3x4 switch on a phase III. you would still see the even and odd's but the switch wouldnt know what to do with the 22khz tone and never switch to the 110/119 side. therefore the two recievers he had hooked up to the 3x4 would only show the 101. the h10 shoulda workded still though. he said he had a indipendant line going to it. now when you said you had 90's and no 110. was it 90's on the 101 only or 90's on 101/119?

dragon, i didn't take any offense at all. i'd be an dumb ass to come on here and ask all these questions, get help and think that.

it's all good!!!!

cpt_roo, i did have an independent line running to the h10 after the suggestions that were made here. i haven't yet pulled out the switch for the other two rooms yet. i am going to play that by ear. if problems come up then i will remove it.

as far as the 110. at first i had 90's and no 110. then it was 60's- 80's but that was where i left it when it got dark. after tweaking the next day, was when i just hit all three at once. i honestly believe i was just off on the azimuth and a good bit off on the elevation.

now it's 96's across the board...i'll double check when i get home today.

anyway, i appreciate all the advice and hope to contribute if i can to this board whenever possible.

thanks,

ken

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts