Traxis 3500 Blind Scan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sdoradus

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Seems that my new Traxis 3500 has developed its first issue that I haven't a clue how to clear. Every time I try to blind scan now I get a message back "Space Is Full" which is strange since I only have 497 tv channels and 13 radio stored. Anyone have an idea on how to clear this issue?. Tried deleting some channels but that didn't resolve it.

SD

Never seen this issue? The problem may not be the number of channels you have stored but rather the number of TP.s that have been found and stored. The Fortec Ultra had a similar problem, it could be easily solved by deleting all but one TP. from each stored satellite. Should not effect your stored channels.

Traxis 3500

I had a similar problem when i was navagating through SBS6. My receiver kept on locking up when i was going through the channels. I needed to turn the power off and on again to reset it.(this happened several times!) Maybe i should have just deleted the transponder information then re-scan??

when in doubt, remove the transponders form the list

The only thing is some receivers if you delete the transponder, you delete any channels associated with that TP (my Coolsat does that but the Pansat doesn't)

Thanks to all for their suggestions. I will try a major cleaning as soon as I can drag the control from the wife and report back any results.

SD

Looks like the transponder count was the problem. Birds like G10R showed as having 119 transponders which I cut back to 22 without losing any stations. Given that the receiver is hooked into 3 movable dishes (none of which it controls position on) and 4 lnbs it was relatively simple to clean out the transponder count without losing anything and then all scanning functions worked properly.

Thanks,
SD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts