Traxis 3500 blind scan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smikolaj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Southern NH
If I go through and manually delete TP's will I lose them forever, or will a blind scan find them again and repopulate the list? Can I just go through the satellites I can't see/move to and get rid of those TP's since I will never need them?

if you delete them they are gone ... when you blind scan it will repopulate them if they are active when the scan is done.

if you save a channel list and reload or reload filmware it will put them back again

i delete alot ( not frm a traxis) but i have mine saved with a channel editor.

each box is different so unless someone with a Traxis 3500 responds, its tough to know

Coolsats will (except the 8000)
Pansats will not (older ones like the 2100 will)
Fortecs will not
Captiveworks will

Best thing for the OP to try is delete them from one satellite and see what happens. Heck, delete one TP (an active one) and see

Yes you can delete tp's. and the blind scan will pick them up if they are active when you re-scan, however if you have a favorite that is not active 24hrs a day you should record the information and either manually enter or scan when you know it is active. When I re-scan a satellite I delete all tp's. and start with a clean slate. As far as deletion of tp's that are unusable, I did that when I first got my DBS3500 as I didn't know if there were any issues with overloading tp's with heavy blind scan usage. I still do not know if there are problems with overloading, but I have never had any problems.

I have never had any problems with the Traxis 3500 with heavy blind scaning.

Now if you tune to a HD channel with the Traxis 3500 you need to do a reboot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts