Traxis 3500 help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gary Z

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
Seguin, Texas
This is not a hack post. I was trying to get the NASA Channel on EchoStar 7.
I have a Traxis 3500 and I had accidentally deleted EchoStar 7 from it. I added it back it, but it shows up at the end of the list instead. How do I get it back in its proper spot (see attached picture)

Attachments

• cap00.JPG
    cap00.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 153
where it says satellite longitude put in 119.0 and see what happens

you might have to exit out of the menus to let it "refresh"

I have it at set at 119.0 and exited out of the menu but it is still at the end of the list.

See attachment

Attachments

• cap00.JPG
    cap00.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 148
I don't have the box so I can't comment beyond that. PSB might know :)

I do know on my Coolsat & Pansat 1500 if I add a satellite to the end of the list, it stays there. I have to use ChannelMaster to move the satellites around on the list

It would not be a problem except while changing satellites the Traxis 3500 moves to each satellite along the arc on the way to the satellite you want.

Let's say I'm going from Intelsat 5 to EchoStar 7 my dish would move all the way to Intelsat 7 then back to EchoStar 7.

yes a serial cable (straight through)

If you are just working on the channel editor, then the loader isn't needed. Thats only for software upgrades. :)

You're making this all too complicated!
The DBS-3500 does have a simple editing function that is explained in their manual. Press LIST and select EDIT (#5). Enter 0000 to clear password.
Then select the MOVE function and move that channel to wherever you want, exit and store new information.

MIke...its not the channel he wants to move. He wants to move the satellite in the list (although your way does work for channels but he has to do it with each channel)

It would be nice if the Traxis 3500 had a "move Satellite" setting like it has a "move Channel" setting. :eureka

The only way would be to find a satellite further up the list that you don't need, reconfigure and rename it, deleting existing transponders and manually entering a channel on each polarity to start....and blind scan the rest.

Status
Please reply by conversation.