Traxis 3500 owners

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Can somebody with one of these scan Gal17 and tell me if it actually can scan both polarities? The last 2 nights I've tried , I have watched it scan thru the freq but it never switches to the V side. It always scans the H side first and if it hits an HD signal it evidently borks it so that it will never switch to the other polarity. Even going back to set the polarity manually to V, it finds zero. Mine has the latest AC-3-fix software in it. Thanks!

I just scanned tonight Brother Turbosat, there are no V feeds as of 6:00.

However, there are TWO HD feeds on the H side.

I haven't found anything on the V side in quite some time. Also, are you getting ONN? I did a factory default about 10 dags ago and haven't seen it since. I have tried manual (11733, 6616, H) and blind scans with no luck.

Thanks, that still doesn't explain why it won't try. Or maybe it is trying the Vside but just not showing the flipflop on the screen when it switches.....
Scratching head......oh well its still damned fast for a blind scan rec

Diamond J--YEP I still get ONN, but it may be because I haven't fact defaulted mine yet. I see it catch it on the blindscan tonite too.
VS Ultra almost never finds it.

Last edited:
Hey Jim did You check and see if the LO changed, 10750 ,just a thought
my traxis scans it everytime.

another thing I've found about the traxis is if I stay on a H/def feed for any
lenght of time, and move to another sat to scan, I will see signal & quality but no channels will scan in
until I flip the toggle switch on the back off and back on, then all is good again.

Traxis works ok for SD feeds, it is incredibly fast, and I don't think it misses a lot either. What I've found with it, if you scan and hit ANY HD or 4.2.2 signal, anything after it stores those is suspect, and sometimes doesn't even seem to 'see' anything else, until you reboot it. Just pausing on a hd feed its stored, when I channel up or down, will sometimes lock it up. Maybe when it was designed, there wasn't that many HD signals as there are now. I still like it, it finds low-SR feeds this Ultra never dreams about. But anything over about 29000 will lock it up sometimes too, HD or SD.

Can somebody with one of these scan Gal17 and tell me if it actually can scan both polarities? The last 2 nights I've tried , I have watched it scan thru the freq but it never switches to the V side. It always scans the H side first and if it hits an HD signal it evidently borks it so that it will never switch to the other polarity. Even going back to set the polarity manually to V, it finds zero. Mine has the latest AC-3-fix software in it. Thanks!
Hi turbosat, I have been trying to get the C-band satellites programed into my Traxis. I have been working on Satmex 5 . I have found that the skew has to be set dead on. I have to move it with my uniden I wanted to use a v box but without the skew adjust. I was just getting very few TP,s . However when I scan I have to use H/V and the satellites are then all called H. When I have the skew set for vertical and scan in all of the vertical TP's and then without changing anything but the polarity on the Traxis antenna install page to V I get absolutely nothing even in the TP search The V option will not find anything. When I scan a satellite for both H and V setting the skew adjust everytime, I don't get duplicate listings. I complained to DMS the ignored me. So the problem is not your imagination. Mike

Thanks for the feedback. I guess we really can't expect them to try updating this one too much, there's too many newer boxes out there now. It works pretty well for its age.

shoot for another year of sales?

Well, if I were DMSI, what would make more sense to me?
Fix the box, forget the box (and have sales dribble off), or replace it with a new one?

Seems to me the hardware was pretty well thought out in the first place.
Pretty much everybody brags on the blind scan.
So, small incremental firmware upgrades to keep selling what is now a proven platform, sounds pretty attractive.

Since the last firmware update to fix the AC3, I think I've only read one actual hardware shortcoming.
Whatever it was, it seemed pretty trivial. Did it not have a Ch 3 modulator?

I have been scanning with one all day and part of last night and have not had any issues with it.

It is definitely a fast scanner. Will miss a TP once in a while, but have not had it lock up or anything yet. I am on the Eastern side of my arc now. 91W is the center, and I have now scanned everything East of there to Hispasat at 30W.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help To Get Satmex 5 And Galaxy 10r

Newbie trying to find true south or magnetic azimuth???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts