Traxis 3500 Problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smikolaj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Southern NH
I noticed that the receiver will go out west after tuning to some feeds which might be HD. I can get audio on the feed but no picture. From here the remote/front panel response is extremely slow, minutes to change to another channel. Once I go to another channel I get no pic or audio but the info screen says I have great signal strength and quality. from here I have to power cycle to bring it back. This is a problem when the last feed scanned in is the one giving me problems since the receiver automatically goes to that one when you exit out of the scan.

Anyone else seeing this? Is there a fix?

I wrote the feed info down so maybe I can PM someone with an HD receiver to see if this is the cause of my problem?

Thanks.

I know for a fact, there is an HD feed at present on G10 ku, G11 ku, and AMC3 ku. I don't know anything about the Traxis 3500, I have one, it's still in the box. So, I can't help with it, sorry. The one on G10 ku may be your culprit, it's on the last vertical channel. 12159

Al

Yea, thanks, my freq is a few Hz off but I bet that is it, the last one to scan in. I noticed this the other night with a feed that had HD at the end of the description - that is what made me think that might be the problem...

Thanks again.

It will be gone in about an hour and a half, so you won't (shouldn't have this problem after that. They hardly ever use the same frequencies in a row and on the same sat. Of course where ever they put it, it's subject to be the last one in the scan, but probably not. And someone else could do you the same way?

Al

I noticed that the receiver will go out west after tuning to some feeds which might be HD. I can get audio on the feed but no picture. From here the remote/front panel response is extremely slow, minutes to change to another channel. Once I go to another channel I get no pic or audio but the info screen says I have great signal strength and quality. from here I have to power cycle to bring it back. This is a problem when the last feed scanned in is the one giving me problems since the receiver automatically goes to that one when you exit out of the scan.

my Pansat 1500 did the same thing when it hit a HD channel. I just turn to another channel and switch power off/on and that fixes the issue :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)