Traxis 3500 Satellite List?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Highway66

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
I have my new Traxis 3500 setup and it's working great with my motorized dish. The problem is that I can't find an easy way to switch to different sat's? According to the manual, I'm supposed to be able to hit the TV/SAT button in full screen mode and it's supposed to bring up a list of my satellites. It does not. It just flashes "TV" or "SAT" on the screen briefly. Currently I'm having to go into the channel list to change satellites and then I have to go through them sequentially. I really need a way to bring up a list and scroll to the one I want. Am I doing something wrong?

the TV/SAT button probably flips the rf output on and off (like a TV/VCR button does on a VCR)

There is probably a button that says "SAT" that shows the sat list. I know my Coolsat's and Fortecs have that

edit: read the manual and there is a "list" button...what does that do?

On the remote press the OK button and then use the V- or V+ Button to navigate to
the satellite you want

the TV/SAT button probably flips the rf output on and off (like a TV/VCR button does on a VCR)

There is probably a button that says "SAT" that shows the sat list. I know my Coolsat's and Fortecs have that

My Coolsat 5000 had a sat button too, but according to the manual you have to hit the TV/SAT button to bring up a list of sat's but it doesn't do it. There is no SAT button on the remote .. I sure wish there were!

LIST brings up the list of satellites that you have channels scanned in for. You have to scan some in before they will show up in that list.

The P+ and P- will kick you one sat up or down also. But again it only uses satellites you have channels scanned in for.

On the remote press the OK button and then use the V- or V+ Button to navigate to
the satellite you want

Thanks .. that works great for a sequential list of sat's but as soon as I start scrolling through the list my motor starts jumping to the next sat. I sure wish there were a list that would popup and that I could then scroll through without my motoring responding until I select the satellite I want.

Coolsat is the same way. As soon as it notices you arent on the same satellite it starts moving.

The Pansats seem to get it right and dont move until you hit "OK"

LIST brings up the list of satellites that you have channels scanned in for. You have to scan some in before they will show up in that list.

The P+ and P- will kick you one sat up or down also. But again it only uses satellites you have channels scanned in for.

Thanks, I've tried the LIST function but again it's a sequential list and even when you use P+ and P- it's sequential. I have about 6 sat's setup with channels. My Coolsat had a SAT button that would bring up a list of sat's and you could just scroll through to the one you want, press select (OK) and go to that sat directly. This is not a huge problem .. I was just hoping for a sat list.

Here's exactly what the Traxis 3500 manual says:

"In full screen, pressing key [TV/SAT] can open satellite list and switch satellites".

This sounds exactly like what I'm wanting .. unfortunately it doesn't work.

Are you using the latest firmware in your 3500? I know when I bought mine it had 2yr old firmware. LIST brings up the satellite list on mine, but thats just the satellites I have set up/scanned in it-not all available. Not using mine with a motor so I don't know how it would affect motor use.

Thanks, I've tried the LIST function but again it's a sequential list and even when you use P+ and P- it's sequential. I have about 6 sat's setup with channels. My Coolsat had a SAT button that would bring up a list of sat's and you could just scroll through to the one you want, press select (OK) and go to that sat directly. This is not a huge problem .. I was just hoping for a sat list.

On my Traxis DBS3500 I can press LIST and it brings up a list of sats to choose from. I can scroll through that list and hit select to go to any of them. I'm using a SG6000 motor.

Are you using the latest firmware in your 3500? I know when I bought mine it had 2yr old firmware. LIST brings up the satellite list on mine, but thats just the satellites I have set up/scanned in it-not all available. Not using mine with a motor so I don't know how it would affect motor use.

That did it! I finally upgraded to the latest firmware and it fixed several problems! Now when I hit the LIST button I get a full list of satellites available that I can scroll through and select! Before the LIST button pretty much gave me the same as a channel list and I had to scroll sideways through the satellites one by one.

Also my remote has much faster response! That was one thing I was really disappointed in with the Traxis since I got it yesterday but it's great now!

Thanks for the firmware upgrade tip! That fixed it!

As Bear Bryant would've said ,
BINGO!
Glad it worked.

edit: the firmware should now also pass the Dolby audio channels sound output to your home theater/dolby digital sound decoder also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.