Traxis Channel List Problem with ALI Editor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
I posted this on another forum and got some good help, but haven't solved the problem.

On my Traxis 3500, I can't seem to pull the channel list down to the PC for editing with the ALI Editor made for that purpose.

I know it isn't the cable, I know it isn't the ports on the PC or Traxis, because following suggestions, I have re-flashed the Traxis firmware to pre-AC3 fix thinking that may be part of the problem.

I have since flashed it back to the newest firmware.

The ALI editor connects, goes through the motion, but I end up with nothing in the editor, and the file it saves has 0Kbs.

Does anyone else know of a way to get the channel list out of the Traxis, edited, and put back using some other editing program?

Any help would be welcomed!

Fred

ok its the other cable (unlike you coolsat) i think its null (and this one calls itself upload ---> stb to pc) so thats kinda backwards.

another problem i encountered is it only like certain size files so anything other than that it thinks are corrupted.

my problem with the uploader/ editor is every time you do something (and finish) it errors out closing the program. then you have to re - open it to work.

i think currently this is the only loader & editor that works with the traxis 3500

Hey George,

Yes I am using a null modem cable. It sends the flash program to the receiver just fine. It also communicates with the receiver using the editor fine. The screen blanks out, and the little LED's on the front dance around, just no data.

I was afraid that the ALI Editor was the only one that would work.

I am hoping someone here had discovered another program that would work?

Fred

i have tried it several times (upload ---> stb to pc) given each a different name ( using todays date 18 nov 2007 3500.bin ) and add a letter after the year for each time aftewards

and everytime mine has completed sucessfully it errors out and closes the editor/upload program ( i didn't notice on the one time it formed a zero bite file)

so i have done 4 uploads( download to the pc) and
the file look like this
18 nov 2007 3500.bin = 0kb
18 nov 2007a 3500.bin = 2048 kb
18 nov 2007b 3500.bin = 2048 kb
18 nov 2007c 3500.bin = 2048 kb

so it looks like sometimes the bin file fails even though the receiver reported finished.

best i can say is try downloading several times to get a good file

George,

Of course the Traxis is shut down while you connect the cable to the PC.

Do you start the editor, and then hit the back power switch on the Traxis, or does it matter whether you catch the Traxis while booting up?

I have tried both ways, but will try again.

Thanks,

Fred

Hey Al,

Well Guys, I tried it 4 different times this morning with 2 different versions of the editor, and nothing came down.

All 0Kb files.

I guess I will have to take it up with the support engineers at DMSI.

Fred

Ok!

Sorry to bring this old thread back to life, but I wanted to let everyone know that the problem has been solved.

I acquired a new Traxis 3500 recently and hooked it up to my laptop today to upload the channels for editing. Had the same problem as earlier on the used Traxis I got from Stogie.

So I figured there was something wrong. Tried a couple of different cables to no avail.

Decided to try a totally different PC. That worked. Same cable, same program, everything same except for the PC.

I guess neither Traxis liked my Dell Laptop serial port, but they both work fine on a different computer.

So now I have two fully functional Traxis 3500s.

All is well that ends well, or so I've heard. :)

That's Good News Fred! Don't I (as in me) think it's about time? I would have never figured it out, cause I wouldn't have thought to try a different computer..... I would still be cussing the Traxis! How do you apologize to a Set Top Box?

Al

How do you apologize to a Set Top Box?
I didn't know how to apologize to the Box, but I did tell it that everything was going to be ok!

You know it was so strange because I used that same computer and cable to load new firmware to every box I own including that Traxis and that all went fine. It just wouldn't download the channel list.

Oh Well!

Thanks Al!

Thanks George!

I would have never thought it was the computer until I got another receiver just like it and it wouldn't work. That's what caused me to explore other options.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)