Traxis DBS 3500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PSB

On vacation
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
:eek: STUNNING! :eek:

Just got the new Traxis 3500 Blind Scan receiver, this is the latest (compact) release from Traxis!

This receiver has it ALL! And features I have NEVER seen before, the interface is very modern and easy to navigate!

Even the on screen icons are clear and look amazing (screen shots to come)
For example it has a zoom feature where you can have close up views of the screen, there is also a pause button.
It has split/multi screen function that is amazing. (Much like the feature on the DVB world card)

It has USALS, DiSEqC 1.2

Rename and add satellites, it has SPDIF and digital audio outputs along with usual Composite or RCA as we call them in the UK.

The neatest feature is in the dish pointing screen, hit 1 and the receiver emits a tone that can be used to point your dish, the signal quality meter is VERY stable :)

Here is the kicker! It displays the signal quality on the front of the receiver on the LED display! So really it can be used as a satellite meter by listening to the tone or by watching the TV screen or the front of the receiver.

All you would have to do is enter a live TP. and satellite go to the signal meter screen and if you have a long enough cable (or a couple of diplexers) you could use the receiver only at the dish to point the dish :D

Hit INFO at any time and the Signal Quality of the channel is displayed on the front of receiver on the green LED.

Its lightening fast when Blind scanning!

Much more to come I am sure! :up

http://www.dmsiusa.com/specs4.htm

http://www.dmsiusa.com/dbs3500.htm

Attachments

• 3500 Med..jpg
    3500 Med..jpg
    5 KB · Views: 593
  • Pict0011.JPG
    Pict0011.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 637
  • Pict0014.JPG
    Pict0014.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 684
  • Pict0016.JPG
    Pict0016.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 858
  • Pict0017.JPG
    Pict0017.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 840
  • Pict0019.JPG
    Pict0019.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 632
  • Pict0012.JPG
    Pict0012.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 569
  • Pict0013.JPG
    Pict0013.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:
traxis remote

How is the remote on this unit is it pretty stable. I like the signal meter feature that sounds nice.

traxis

I did a search on this model but only see the front of it. It does have blind search and at 119.00 it sounds like a good deal.

$119 + shipping? I would keep searching :)

The remote is VERY cute and seems very stable, looking down at my plethora of remotes its easily the nicest one I have, pictures to come.........

Screen shots to come.........Batteries charging overnight :sleeo

Screen Shots.......

Attachments

• Pict0024.JPG
    Pict0024.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 826
  • Pict0023.JPG
    Pict0023.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 926
  • Pict0018.JPG
    Pict0018.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 994
  • Pict0021.JPG
    Pict0021.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 976
  • Pict0020.JPG
    Pict0020.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 952
  • Pict0027.JPG
    Pict0027.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 984
  • Pict0031.JPG
    Pict0031.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 819
  • Pict0030.JPG
    Pict0030.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 839
  • Pict0029.JPG
    Pict0029.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 795
Last edited:
Any opinions on how this unit would compare in blind scan accuracy/speed and picture quality vs the Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA and Coolsat 5000 ?

Hello All,
My first post. Can you use the built-in signal meter to find a satellite then use blind scan and it will tell you what satellite it is and list the channels? I am new to FTA . I have a traxis 4500 without blind scan and no experience with any other receiver.

I don't know of a receiver that will tell you what sat you're on. Doesn't mean there's not one. I just don't know about it. There are expensive signal meters that can do that, like Birddog (I think). But, you can use the receivers built-in signal meters (strenghth and quality) to find a sat. Then do a blind scan to find channels with it.

Al

Night Owl said:
Hello All,
My first post. Can you use the built-in signal meter to find a satellite then use blind scan and it will tell you what satellite it is and list the channels? I am new to FTA . I have a traxis 4500 without blind scan and no experience with any other receiver.

YES! you can use this receiver to find any specific satellite.

Enter a LIVE TP. from any satellite then point the dish watching for signal quality, with the Traxis 3500 after entering the above details the LED on the front of the receiver shows the Signal Quality!

This is also exactly the way a positive satellite ID meter works!

Firefighter Dan said:
It is as easy as Pete say's -

I REALLY like mine.

Same here the Signal Quality on the Front LED is GREAT! This receiver is now just like the best Positive Satellite ID meters out there ( Sathawk. Birdog )..........

Add to that the signal quality tone and who needs a satellite meter now when you have a Positve way to identify each and every satellite!

VERY VERY GOOD Picture quality! Like all Traxis units, it has one of the best pictures out there!

(Remember when that used to matter :rolleyes: )

I just got the Traxis 3500 receiver in today .

The Blind scan takes 5 minuets
Video quality i give it a 7
menu and remote very nice
PAL to NTSC conversion is the best that i have see so far

Forgot to add the signal Strength/QUALITY meters are ROCK solid, very stable!

Ideal for pointing a dish, unlike some/most receivers where they are all over the place!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Just noticed another GREAT feature............. when using USALS you can fine tune the signal in the antenna setup screen, by moving left or right. NICE TOUCH! :up

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)