New DVBDream version

Status
Please reply by conversation.

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
Wow... Twinhan remote support, DVBWorld support, USALS, etc....nice.

www.dvbdream.org

What is new (03.09.2006)

* New device support: Broadlogic
* New device support: DVBWorld
* New device support: Tongshi
* Positioner Support Added (including GotoX.X / USALS)
* Remote Control support (WinLirc and Twinhan RCs)
* New Scheduler (uses Windows Task Scheduler)
* Renewed EPG , better handling of high data rate
* Snapshot feature
* B2C2 devices can work with old drivers too now (i.e. possible to use 4.2.x)
* Intervideo and DVD Express codecs work fine now on DD
* PAT & PMT generation for TS files. (produces more compatible TS files)
* Cryrilic charset problem fixed (EPG)
* * SS2 users must use Mibi's patched drivers to be able to use positioner feature.
* * Snapshot might not work with Overlay, you must use VMR.
* Click here for latest Genpix Device update.

Thanks for the heads up!

It seems to be a much more 'polished' interface than I've become used to and it works like a champ with my DVBWorld box.

DVBWorld users - it's worth a look!

Just tried it out briefly at the house. Looks great so far.

Granted, I just installed my first DVB card, so I don't have much to compare, but easy enough to get a few channels in under 5 min.

Does DVBdream do HD and 4.2.2?

scottc98 said:
Just tried it out briefly at the house. Looks great so far.

Granted, I just installed my first DVB card, so I don't have much to compare, but easy enough to get a few channels in under 5 min.

Does DVBdream do HD and 4.2.2?
I've done both with DVB Dream, but I think it may depend on the codecs you have installed. I'm not sure if they came down with the install, but I have a choice of InterVideo or Elecard which both seem to do the trick.

There is a 'new' new version out as of today (v1.2b).

Attachments

• PBSHD.gif
    PBSHD.gif
    102.2 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Well...I'll have to check it out when I get home tonight. I downloaded the prog at around 1:30pm est today, so hopefully its the "new" new one :)

I'll have to check which codecs I've got installed. I've got Nimiq 2 (82) directly connected to the card. I was trying to get the HD demo channel to work but no dice (HD demo still FTA??) With my motorized down. my sats are limited and for some reason, I can get my disqec switches to work (only tried on my classic NA)
Maybe a 4.2.2 will show up at G11 this weekend that I can play around with

Got any links to some free codec?

Do a scan on AMC1 against the included transponder list and you'll get some 4:2:2 stuff.

I don't think that HD Demo is up there any more - I went looking for it last week and I wasn't able to find it :(.

I must have looked at 91 last time - I see it tumbling the screen on the Coolsat right now.

And now I'm watching the HD demo channel in it's 720p goodness ;).

Last edited:
Shawn95GT said:
I must have looked at 91 last time - I see it tumbling the screen on the Coolsat right now.

And now I'm watching the HD demo channel in it's 720p goodness ;).

Demo channel working great now. Installed Nvidia purevideo codec and that codec is the nutz!!!

Trying to get my disquec switch to work with this prog, along with the linear side of my Invacom Quad. Anybody know which drop down menu to use under this prog? Or what custom setting you had to set?

Look slike Options, DiSEqC, and choose v1.0 or v2.0 in the pull down at the top. Then add the sats as-per what is appropriate for the switch port.

You can tell this lends itself to fixed dishes, but it works ok for me slaved to the Coolsat.

Last edited:
Yep... the codec selection is awesome in DVBDream. Just install the codec and go. Purevideo is nice!!! Just wished it did 4:2:2 though.

digiblur said:
Yep... the codec selection is awesome in DVBDream. Just install the codec and go. Purevideo is nice!!! Just wished it did 4:2:2 though.

It doesn't do 4.2.2????

I haven't tested a 4.2.2 feed yet so I assumed that it could. What are you using for 4.2.2? Elecard?

How does CPU usage vary between 4.2.0 HD and 4.2.2 SD (and HD)?

4.2.2 stuff on AMC 1 churns about 50% CPU time.

HD pegs the CPU with either codec I have the option for.

P4, 3 Ghz Hyperthreaded, 512M RAM

Shawn95GT said:
With my fixed dish, I haven't been able to find a feed. (or when they show up, I am not home). What is your CPU at normal 4.2.0 SD?

Shawn95GT said:
HD pegs the CPU with either codec I have the option for..

With either codec? Which ones do you have on your list?
If you haven't tried Purevideo, you should! CPU will drop a lot

AMD Sempron 3100+ (OC to 2.3mhz) 2gig ram, Geforce 5200 (128mb)

DVBDream -> Nexus-S

I hope there is a set of drivers for the Nexus_S card , in the near future . If anyone has this , please PM me .

Thanks ,
Wyr

Shawn95GT said:

HD pegs the CPU with either codec I have the option for.

P4, 3 Ghz Hyperthreaded, 512M RAM

You shouldn't have any issue with that machine running 4:2:0 HD. What codec are you using?

I have InterVideo or Elecard available. Intervideo I'm sure came from the DVD player app and I'm not sure where I got Elecard.

I'll have to hunt down some of theother codecs mentioned here. It sounds like there is plenty of room for improvement.

SD playback uses 20-35 percent CPU.

StarBox USB

I ran across mention of this software elsewhere, and just noticed a discussion of it here.
(should have looked here first, I guess )

I got a Twinhan Starbox about a year ago, but after running some experiments and fixing some problems, I never really got back to it.
I wasn't seeing support for it with DVBdream, so I'm dragging my feet on running cable and re-aliging a dish.
Is there something I've overlooked that suggests DVBdream supports the USB StarBox?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)