Trees in the way!

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
So, I live in the mountains in northern california, and surrounded by pine trees. I asked the the installer from dish (he was intalling the 510) to figure out where 61.5 sat would be (cause I was thinking about getting voom) and he said that the lowest view I had was at 21 or so degrees. and to get voom I need a really low angle of around 15 degrees. Does anybody know how tall a pole would have to be for me to be able to get the satellite based on the above info? Also, I wonder if i could convince voom to have the pole as part of the free installation?

Thanks.

Fgsilva said:
Does anybody know how tall a pole would have to be for me to be able to get the satellite based on the above info? Also, I wonder if i could convince voom to have the pole as part of the free installation?
Too many unknowns. From your pole's location, the height of the tallest object along the 94 magnetic degree azimuth to the satellite, less the 15 deg elevation would be the lowest your dish could go. And no way on the free pole :no .

Rob.

Depending on your roof type, most times using a tripod ( old antenna style ) with mast will give you plenty of height to shoot over things. You can do a 6' mast without any support, anything over, needs some guy wires to stop the sway. ;)

NiFi said:
Depending on your roof type, most times using a tripod ( old antenna style ) with mast will give you plenty of height to shoot over things. You can do a 6' mast without any support, anything over, needs some guy wires to stop the sway. ;)

Howdy and thanks a lot for the info!!! I'm just trying to figure out a way to get voom once the DVR comes out!!!! Then instead of spending 120 bucks a month for pathetic HD content with E*, it will be Voom time!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)