Trip counter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gyoung

Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
Wichita, KS
I have a 922 receiver and the trip counter builds up, sometimes over 700 in a week or two. The guide won't work, so I unplug the receiver for 30 seconds with it on GI-3, wait a half hour, then download the guide buy holding it down 30 seconds. Then hold the info down 30 seconds. I went to 6-0-5, then with the right arrow went to diagnostics G and the one line was 1706 as it should be. They say if the memory is 1920 it needs a master re-hit.
Does anyone know why the trip counter builds up?
gyoung

The count builds up as new channels are mapped into memory. If you were to go to A1 107.3W or A2 111.1W the DC2 channels would be added to your count and you would need to do a master reset.

From another site:

the TDT (transponder definition table) count is not all there is to the number of channels, since several virtual channels can share a TDT record, each with a different service number. The VCT (virtual channel table) has a maximum of 7425 entries, this is the maximum number of channels the 4DTV can store.
However, as the others were pointing out, the TDT is probably the limiting factor as this is closer to its limit than any of the other tables. The current TDT is around 1680 and the current channel count is around 4380, though the numbers may vary from unit to unit.

I always thought that the trip counter was the number of authorization hits your receiver had received since it was powered up.

Whenever I order new programming, a burst of trips come through incrementing the counter a few times.

I always thought that the trip counter was the number of authorization hits your receiver had received since it was powered up.

Whenever I order new programming, a burst of trips come through incrementing the counter a few times.

Unplugging the power will reset the trip counter, but the TDT counter remains the same. When the unit get a hit the trip counter increases. That is why you watch the trip counter to make sure the packets sent are received by your receiver when you talk to your provider on the phone.

Well I believe that if you let your dish set on satellites with DC2 feeds new channels will be added to the count.

By the way the numbers cited above are not current. That's an old Post.

I have not subscribed in over three years and did a master reset after my subscription expired. My TDT currently is 1800 and the VCT is at 4829. I regularly move my dish from 53 degrees West to 139 degrees (except forA1 and A2) and the counts increase when new DC2 signals are found.

Davage and Larry1 are correct. The trip counter is for the authorization keying for subscription.
The trips accumulate every few hours, sometimes up to 6 at a time when the receiver is on a satellite that transmits the data stream.

Separate from the EPG data and channel mapping data.

Davage and Larry1 are correct. The trip counter is for the authorization keying for subscription.
The trips accumulate every few hours, sometimes up to 6 at a time when the receiver is on a satellite that transmits the data stream.

Separate from the EPG data and channel mapping data.

My Bad. Igot confused between trip and mapping data. Thanks for making this clear:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)