Tripod Question

midihead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Hi all...I'm new to the forum.

I'm considering a Glorystar system since I have Sky Angel and expect to lose SA when they make the change to IPTV (I have HughesNet satellite internet which IMO won't be fast enough).

A question on tripod mounting...I have the option of using a tripod on my deck. My understanding is that, using the universal mount that comes with the system, you can adjust the level of the post so that it is perfectly level even if your mounting surface is not. If I use a tripod like the one pictured in this post, I'm guessing that I would have to make sure that my deck is perfectly level since I don't think the tripod would allow the same leveling flexibility as the universal mount.

Does this sound right?

Thanks for your help! :)

Hi all...I'm new to the forum.
welcome :wave

A question on tripod mounting...I have the option of using a tripod on my deck. My understanding is that, using the universal mount that comes with the system, you can adjust the level of the post so that it is perfectly level even if your mounting surface is not. If I use a tripod like the one pictured in this post, I'm guessing that I would have to make sure that my deck is perfectly level since I don't think the tripod would allow the same leveling flexibility as the universal mount.

most tripods you can use the bolts to level out the mast. But otherwise you are correct. The universal mount that comes with the Glorystar system will allow you to level out the mast. I have a mast mount dish at our lake house and the mast is level :)

Thanks! In my last post. I meant to include a picture of the tripod I was referring to.

bonscott87 mentioned this tripod in another post. From looking at the pictures, I'm not sure if the mast can be leveled by adjusting the bolts. It appears to me that the bolts on this tripod simply hold the mast in place.

Any insight is most appreciated. :D

I have a tripod that I use for my TV antenna and there are 2 nuts on each bolt. There are 3 bolts so I can adjust the nuts closer or farther away and that allowed me to level the mast :)

A heavy duty SPEAKER stand should make a good tripod (Radio Shack ?) -- RVers use them a lot. You may need a big bucket of sand or rocks to give weight to keep it more stable in mild winds. Suggest putting it away in strong winds though! Some RVers use milk bottles of water for weight. That depends on the wind again. Water is easier to find, and get rid of :<)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)