trouble blind scanning with coolsat 5000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
ok for the last week i've been having trouble blind scanning one satellite Galaxy 11 with my coolsat 5000 using version sw 1.01

it locked up the box everytime i tried to scan (and i would have to hard power off & on to get it back) until tonight. i thought it might be like the merc II had experinced .... cause it was only one transponder that i noticed, until tonight no problem blind scanning ..... never had problems with blind scanning before and usually it will scan a HD type channel with no problems
i do suspect it was a HD channel and i know the tp# but i don't see it listed on lyngsat and it doesn't look active tonight...

anyone else had trouble with this satellite ?
it scanned galaxy 11 tonight

my CS5000 has no issues scanning in a HD channel. It just shows a green screen

I dont have my 5000 hooked up to the C-Band dish or I'd try it for ya

sometimes

I have a traxis 3500 and it acts funny on some of those channels too. It scans them without problems but won't display all of them properly. I suspect it's because of the high symbol rate on some channels (30,000). Viewsat I use doesn't have a problem with any of them though.

Ice this is currently my motorized ku system as my big dish is still being tuned up ( sorry i didn't explain that) so it was a ku transponder i didn't catch a SR but i did catch the TP#

of course when i say HD channel i wouldn't know the difference lol its also a green screen :) so i guess it could be several type channels

I tried using 1.01 on my CS5000 and it would randomly freeze on certain transponders and stuff. So i switched back to 1.00. It is rock solid and has never frozen on me.

ok maybe it wasn't the correct satellite
today its galaxy 28 @ 89W
coolsat 5000 hangs on tp 11.756 V
just locks up it looks like its currently an active transponder

anyone one with a coolsat 5000 want to try it

Mine did that when I first got it, would always hang on 11756V. I'm not sure what that signal is but it would choke the 5000. I can't remember if it happened with the 1.00 or 1.01 version. Anyway, I"m now using "newer" firmware and no such problems, just tried it to see, I'd forgotten about the problem with that frequency.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)