trouble locking satellite signals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
hi,guys i am at my wits end,i have everything set up for all satellites,thats programed in my receiver,lnb configuration is set etc. when i go outside and turn my dish with my satellite finder,i get a good signal,go back inside,scan my satellite....nothing...i have been doing this all day,yesterday i received the pentagon channel and have not received any thing else is it any thing i am doing wrong,.....i need help

I will echo TantalusFld's comments. Take the satellite receiver and small TV out to the dish so that you can see on screen what the signal quality meter in the receiver shows. I've tried using some cheap $10 satellite finders, and have found that they're not very helpful. I use the satellite signal quality meter on screen to watch for when I've got signal.

hi,guys i am at my wits end,i have everything set up for all satellites,thats programed in my receiver,lnb configuration is set etc. when i go outside and turn my dish with my satellite finder,i get a good signal,go back inside,scan my satellite....nothing...i have been doing this all day,yesterday i received the pentagon channel and have not received any thing else is it any thing i am doing wrong,.....i need help

ICU,

A question to you... Are you setting up a single, fixed point dish or a motorized dish?

If a single, fixed point dish, which satellite are you trying to pull in?

If you are setting up a motorized dish, what are your site's coordinates and which satellite do you percieve to be your nearest true south satellite?

Also, what LNBF and dish and receiver do you have?

If you are using a motor, which motor make and model?

RADAR

Last edited:
hi,iam setting up a fixed dish,have a standard lnb, and have what i perceived to be the same 39" dish as a omega sat,which came from canada and a orasat 5.0 don't laugh i will update later...but let me ask you one thing...i am going right into my existing dish network wiring that's going into the house,i have disconnected the dish entirely,would this keep the info from from the dish from entering the receiver,like i said i did get the pentagon channel the other day.

We are coming close to time for sun conjunctions. Not that that is your issue, but you may want to try peaking up when the sun is closer to the horizon.

Other than the above posted recommendations I just can think of know what you´re aiming at, make sure you know a strong tp on the sat you´re trying to lock in, ensure you have the proper tp info to lock on the right signal. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NASA TV advisory - audio change

SV8000HD Hiccups on DTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)