Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
I read in another forum, about someone's DSR-920 locking up, and needing a master reset to work again (causing a near-brick) :eek: It seems the discussion went on to say the other HITS Quantum maps, on W1, caused a conflict in mapping, after landing there with the 920. Tvropro and others, have you guys heard of this? I didn't think the bird at 101w had maps, or even channels transmitted, that could affect a 4DTV box. :confused:

It was my (2nd) 920 and it was SES 1 (i'm pretty sure) Originally I thought it was w1 but realised it was 101 , not 103 after the MR was needed.
I was channel surfing down from 400 and when I got to 300 the receiver locked up. However , After 10 minutes the maps were all corrupted
(even X4 was gone) and I had to do another MR as the front panel went to 0 on the display when I got control back. I did not turn it off..just waited.

However it may be simply that the channel count was too high as I had about 4850 channels when I did the conversion on both units. . This
is my second 920 that did the same thing ...but the other was on x4 when it happened and the same thing happened while changing channels...
receiver locked up and never came back ...I did a soft reset on that and a lot of the sats were gone after that. Most all birds had
corrupt maps and I had to MR that one also. Lost all generics of course.

The download after MR will restore the DC tables to G0- C4. On a 920 you must use G9-1 on the 103 location and manually tune to get a DC lock
after a MR, because G0 does not exist until the maps are loaded. G9 was the original sat located at 123 when the 920 was released and MRs had to
be done there before g1 was switched to.

I would say that caution should be used before doing the conversion because too many channels may be incompatible with the hits maps.

Also I tried to see if the Shaw maps might put a few more sat tiles back...instead I had to do another MR to get X4 back again as even though I didn't
even get a DC lock on the A2 tile. I believe I'll disconnect the Ku cable again now

The only good thing about this is I am getting quite adept at reloading the x4 maps after doing a MR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)