Trouble passing chck switch

mogack

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
Trouble Passing Check Switch

I am having trouble passing a check switch, I have read directions a million times and it says to plug only the 119 cable into my dp34 switch. Align the dish and run check switch. I am having trouble finding 119 and can never get check switch to pass. Someone told me to connect the cable from 119 directly to the reciever(by-pass) the switch, and then plug back into dp34 and run check switch.
Will this work?
I ahve been readin posts on here all day you guys seem to offer the best and fastest help.
Thanks in advance...........

Last edited:
Do you have two cables going to the 322? Since it's a dual tuner, I believe you will need two cable runs to the receiver. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

Hey thanks for reply, i do have 2 cables from dp34 switch to the reciever, which is why I am sceptical that connecting directly to the reciever(by-passing the switch) might not work, since It is a dual reciever. I also have a 311, If I were to use this one to aim the dish, would I then be able to hook up the 322 and run check switch?

"I also have a 311, If I were to use this one to aim the dish, would I then be able to hook up the 322 and run check switch?"

Yes you can aim with the 311 and the connect the 322 and run check switch.

Dave might be right, what kind of LNBs do you have? You must have DP Lnbs.

Yes, everything is dishpro. I have been told that I will never get check switch to pass until I have the 119 aligned. If that is correct, then this is how I was instructed to get it aligned, I dont have a meter.

Connect the 311 directly to the Lnb and make sure you use transponder 11 or 12 in the Point/Dish Signal menu (Go to 6-1-1), have someone look at the TV or turn the volume up so you can hear it and align the dish. Once you get a signal, run check switch.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I will try it in the morning, Your help is greatly apreciated.

Ps.

Should I reconnect to the switch before running check switch?

You said you are only connecting the 119 side to the switch. If you want 110 you will also need to connect it to recieve that satellite.

If you are using the 322 to aim then you will need both ports of the LNB connected to the 322 check switch to confirm you have both 110 and 119 then hook your switch up. Or you can just us the 311 as Randall said.

Hey guys, not able to try your advice today, too much work to do and it,s dark and cold here. Will get to it tomorrow.

One question though, I tried to aim the dish on the 322. all is connected correctly, no signal, I ran check switch and it tells me that one of my connections to the port is missing and that it will adversley effect use or what ever,

any ideas on why? will I get a signal if I do not run check switch?

You might be picking up 119 on the 110 LNB, or 110 on the 119 LNB, and then missing the other one by not realizing it. It's why they say to always do 119 first, without the switch. That way if you have the 3 numbers right, you should get a strong 119. Then, you bring in the 110 via the switch, and tweak the angles to peak 110.

If you try and point everything at once with everything connected, you will basically go bananas.

Well, I am officially bananas.

Got signal strength of 104 on sat 119, hooked up to my 311. then connected to switch and ran check switch. said I was ok.

hooked back to my 322 started to run check switch it now shows like this.

port1 nothing, conn, reception verified.

port2 119, dp feed, reception verified.

port 3 says nothing.

I have all three lnb connected to the switch.

How do I decifer this?

I rechecked signal strength on 119 and it is now down to 70 or so.

Please help, I know I am getting close.

Last edited:
I have a thread on this forum about this problem, but I thought if i started a new one with the true problem, I would get more responses.

It originally was titlted running one tv with 322.

anyway, 105 Superdish, DP 34 Switch, 322 reciever, I used a 311 to aim at 119 and got over one hundred signal strength.

Connected to my switch and ran check switch, then reconnected my 322.

signal dropped to around 70. Then, I connected all 3 cables to the switch and ran check switch again, here is what I got.

Port 1 Port 2 Port 3
X 119 X
Conn DP feed X
Rec Veri rec veri X

I guess my question is how do I decifer this info? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks alot guys

mogack,

On the 311 what are you getting? Are you getting both 119 and 110 on the 311? Just want to make sure it's not an aiming problem.

BTW, you should keep it in one thread as it's easier to read the history of what you've done.

mogack said:
I have a thread on this forum about this problem, but I thought if i started a new one with the true problem, I would get more responses.
It originally was titlted running one tv with 322.
anyway, 105 Superdish, DP 34 Switch, 322 reciever, I used a 311 to aim at 119 and got over one hundred signal strength.
Connected to my switch and ran check switch, then reconnected my 322.
signal dropped to around 70. Then, I connected all 3 cables to the switch and ran check switch again, here is what I got.
Port 1 Port 2 Port 3
X 119 X
Conn DP feed X
Rec Veri rec veri X
I guess my question is how do I decifer this info? What am I doing wrong?
Thanks alot guys
I'm guessing since you only see 119, you're pointed too far East with the dish, and what you're actually seeing is 110 in the 119 LNB. Try swinging the dish 9 degrees West, and see if you get both 110 and 119.

mogack,

On the 311 what are you getting? Are you getting both 119 and 110 on the 311? Just want to make sure it's not an aiming problem.

BTW, you should keep it in one thread as it's easier to read the history of what you've done. I posted in the other thread too.

Sorry about the 2 threads , I just thought the title of my original wasn't relavent to my real problem.

No, actually I was only getting 119 and when I checkedsignal strength on 110 it did say "wrong satellite" 119 west.

So, That may be my problem. Will I need to do check switch again or just try to aim the dish?

Does this mean that the cables to the switch are connected wrong? To me the results show that I have 119 connected to port 2. Is that correct? and does it matter?

And, once I get good signal from all three satellites should it be able to pass the check switch test?

Thanks for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)