Trouble searching for shows & sporadic series recordings after new HD-Guide download

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jhetfield99

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
NW Indianapolis
This morning we had the new "improved" HD-programming guide. I have HR-24 DVRs, a look-laike that just HD with no DVR. And there are now multiple issues with our DVR-recording list and searching for shows.

Has anyone else had these issues? How long does it take Direct to correct them?

More detail:

On Sunday I had over 100 shows set to record, this morning it was 44. I glanced through series set to record and almost none of those are set to record any longer (this includes "Parks and Recreation" this Thurs on NBC). Is this a bug and going to fix itself? How long is it going to take? I went and found the show individually in the guide and it shows as new and describes a new show, yet isn't recording. Meanwhile "The Office" is right next to it in the guider, is new and IS set to record.

Similarly, the search feature is AWFUL now. It used to take 5 secs when you typed a key word to search for shows. Now it takes up to 5 minutes and doesn't work worth a poop. For example, I searched for "Purdue" and ONLY the "Matt Painter Show" came up. When I searched it on Sunday at least 10 different programs came up, and came up quickly. This is wrong as there are multiple games and programs that are related to Purdue in the next 2 weeks. Scanning through to ESPN I was able to find Wisc at Purdue this Thursday at 7 pm ET AND it was already set to record as it previously had been when I set it last week. Considering it was set to record, shouldn't this be pretty darn easy for the Search feature to find?

Any tips? I use search probably 3 to 4 times a week and if it takes more than 10 secs, it's completely unacceptable.

Sometimes when a receiver does an update it can take a few hours to a day for the list and everything to come back to full working order. This is normal. Give it a day and everything should be fine. Just in the mean time keep an eye on your recordings to make sure you don't miss anything. Other than that the slowness will go away and the missing parts will return soon.

Good to hear it isn't a long-term prob. The d/l was at 6:16 this morning and when I was viewing it was 2.5 hours later. I rebooted all my receivers and headed to work with the hope all will be good again when I returned home. Sounds like that's the case. Figured I'd start a topic anyway to see if others were having any kind of similar trouble. I'm a dork who uses search A LOT and I know many others don't so I thought it may be a bit more of a unique complaint.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts