Trouble tweaking T90 dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cracklincrotch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I've got a T90 that I've got aimed at 87, 93, 97, 101, and 123W. I start by putting a LNB at 105W at 0 (being my center sat) on the dish and get that set up for elevation and azimuth. Then I skew the dish to the average skew of each of the satellites for my area and slide an LNB on each end of the guide and tighten it down when I get a signal.

Trouble is that I can't get a good enough signal on both 87W or 123W to be able to get any reliable tv. These two sats are only 36 degrees apart so I would think I could get the two of these sats no problem on a T90. The LNB for 87W ends up at 21.5L and the LNB for 123W ends up at 18.5R. My understanding is that the farther from 0 on the guide the lnbs go, the smaller the dish gets from the LNB point of view.

Using my birdog I can get both of these sats at a Q above 85 without any trouble when these birds are at the 0 mark on the T90 guide. But when they're on the ends of the guide I although it will lock onto a signal and identify the satellite it never gives me a Q reading at all. My receiver never gets a Q of more than about 25% when the sky is clear and leaves the the picture unviewable.

The dish is located at 44.68251W, 63.50988N. Skew set to about 59W. I've been using satlex's calculator as a (rough) guide. But now my wife's getting jealous because I've been spending more time with the dish than her. :)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Adjust Elevation and then skew to maximize your signal on 87 and 123. The elevation will be different then when setting center LNB.

I don't think you can get 87 on the outside (end) of a toroidal., hard enough when it is in the center.

I don't think you can get 87 on the outside (end) of a toroidal., hard enough when it is in the center.

sure you can. Originally when I set up mine I had 87-123 on the dish...all worked fine but 123 didn't....the house partially blocked 123 so I changed to 72-110 :)

I've been able to get things lined up to work. I dropped the outside satellites from the calculations on the satlex page, adjusted the skew for the fewer sats and then added on the two outside sats that I didn't calculate for and off it went. Works great now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts