Trouble with G1 ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
Is anyone else having trouble with reception on G1?

I've got good signal and a Q of 71 but still getting breakups!
Other transponders are up to 84 and they don't seem to be breaking up.

Could this be something in my 922?

These problems are on the ones I watch the most of course 167 and 168

Is anyone else having trouble with reception on G1?

I've got good signal and a Q of 71 but still getting breakups!
Other transponders are up to 84 and they don't seem to be breaking up.

Could this be something in my 922?

These problems are on the ones I watch the most of course 167 and 168

I just checked those 2 numbers and getting a quality of 99. I don't sub to them so I can't tell if there breaking up or not. Is your EBNO jumping around?

I am having problem with W1 and the Denver Stations. Not sure why I can't tune them in.
Good thing I have OTA and the Broncos aren't playing.

I bumped the dish yesterday and got all my Qs up in the high 90s. But then right after sunset I started getting drop outs again for about 45 minutes or so. We are speculating that it might be bats or birds out to chase insects?
It was after 7 pacific time.

Greg,Im about 40 miles from Houston Tx and at times have break ups on HBO,but never on Starz(150) Recorded four programs earlier in the week,all on the same night. Three were good but HBO(100)was breaking up like we were having a wind storm. I checked and it was recorded from 9 to 11 am. When I have this trouble,it seems to always be in the morning. G1 in tuned in good,as Stars -150 hits a 99,and HBO is 67(which is the best I have ever gotten on it and gets a very good picture,except the few times it breaks up) Will start keeping a log when they occur,as my recorder prints time and place. Am wondering what interference its picking up,as don't think its my system.

G1 was out just now for 10 minutes or so signal gradually dropped from 81 % on the HBO channels and started breaking up when the quality got to 39% then totally went out. Signal came back gradually.

G1 was out just now for 10 minutes or so signal gradually dropped from 81 % on the HBO channels and started breaking up when the quality got to 39% then totally went out. Signal came back gradually.

It is that time of year again. Solar outages at different times on different birds depending on ones location. Maybe that could explain the various reports. Have a great day! ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts