Trouble with Galaxy 18

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NMoon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
Brownsburg Indiana
It is a common situation, first the SES3 issue and now this one in my case. Supposedly even though I am somewhat blocked I can get Galaxy 18 at 123 degrees west but can't find it. None of the satellite locators I found for Android devices are helpful because of the compass being a bit weird, always seems slightly off compared to what I can normally get and no method of calibration. I have locked birds at 87, 91, 95, 97, 99, 101, 103 and 105 degrees west with no issue at all its just further away from 107 west I have not had much luck at all. Have gotten a lock at 119 west before on the circularly polarized Dish Network satellite and remember the approximate location in the sky but I can't get the linear polarized Galaxy 18 to lock at all.

Try to find 11776 V 2848 (Daystar SD) or 11736 V 3361 (UWTV). The FSTV transponder (11856 V 1784) is notoriously difficult to lock. I'm not really sure of the status of 11732 H 13240 (DOD) these days.

G-18 bird is somewhat middled aged the signal very weak to good srong signal, So being in upper midwest might be little weaker but than again I could be wrong though.

Since I am in New Mexico, I seem okay overall.;)

That trick helped me find quite a few others but failed on this one. What is frustrating is I had locked Anik G at 118.8 degrees with a circular LNB before and just can't seem to lock it now. Maybe I need to swap LNBs briefly in order to find that one and mark it on my dish's calibrated scale showing everything I can normally get.

PROBLEM SOLVED! I locked Galaxy 18 today, actually got a surprisingly good signal quality around 60% on the transponder for UWTV and TVW. Also locked AMC21 so that means I too get PBS much like what another member fought their dish for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)