Trouble with recording shows

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markprior22

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2013
central illinois
I was watching baseball last night when a pop up appeared on the screen saying that a recording was scheduled at 9 (in about 5 minutes) and basically said I had to tune to that channel or not do the recording (I had no other recordings scheduled at all). I am a fairly new customer (about 2 months) so I'm still learning the ins and outs of DTV. I've got the Genie system with 4 clients...thought in the past I was able to record multiple shows at the same time without leaving the channel I was watching. I'm wondering if anything might have gotten changed accidentally. I don't mess with any settings but sometimes the dog activates the remote while moving around. The channel to be recorded was a local channel so I don't know whether that matters or not. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Have you double checked the To Do List to verify that nothing was set to record?
And that three of the clients weren't using a tuner from the Genie?

Yes, I checked at the time and looked again this morning to see if any other shows recorded. Only the program I was aware of recorded. We have 3 clients but I was the only one up at the time and the other TV's were off.

Edit-Realized below that I said I have 4 clients. Have 4 TV's...one Genie and 3 clients.

Last edited:
Happens to me all the time I was watching HIMYM last week (had it paused for the whole time HIMYM, 2BG and M&M were on) and at 8:56 my tuner said that it needed to record The Blacklist on my tv. So knowing that one tuner should have been free at 9 (the one I was currently using to watch CBS) I just told it to skip the recording and at 9:01 I went over to NBC and pressed record and it started recording on another tuner. Idk why it happens but sometimes even when there's only two tuners in use and 2 others are set to record the Genie always decides it needs to commander my tv instead of just using one of the 3 other open tuners.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

With the Genie and Mini's I believe you can use 4 tuners at the same time. It MAY be 3. The cause of this is to many tuners in use at once. To fix this issue, turn off one of the mini's or other receivers and this should fix your issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)