Contract end is near

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Danny001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Bangor, ME
Will DTV contact me as me expiry approaches to make offers or is it up to me to make the call? Will my service suspend at the end of my contract if no renewal is made or will everything stay the same?

Even when you contract expires you are moved to month to month. They usually don't contact people. You would need to contact them, be prepared that if you threaten to cancel they may so ok. Threats don't always work.

End of the day if you are happy with Directv pay the current going rate. Everyone that always works for promotions just force prices to elevate along with carry agreements in channels.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

No Directv won't contact you when your contract expires, it's up to you if you want to keep it month to month, or upgrade to another equipment for another 2 year contract, Keep in mind that you can cancel if you like with no ETF, or call to ask to reduce your bill since that way it's a better chance to then when you're on a contract, it varies though per account.
Everything stay the same like you were still on contract and have more leverage for better discounts and promotion offers for newer equipment and/or premium channels, you'll have to call Directv and see what they can do for you.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As your contract come to a end the possibilities start to improve. If all your equipment is what you want then it's time to negotiate. I love this time every year as it can be very rewarding. Remember above all a few things. Be nice to your retention agents as most of them really help. Then compare Directv pricing to a new customer. More then likely they have about 25 off the standard package and another 10 off the HD service. Add 5 or 10 for a few and you start with about 40 off per month. Then start with extras. Genie go is a nice throw in. If you don't get what you think is reasonable call in later and try again. I've had friends get nothing so don't get mad. The most important is to be professional, respect the agent, and be strong. Please don't waste your time if they are not from retention as it's like talking to a scripted wall..... ever...

If your contract is near end, they should be throwing you free stuff to get you to renew your contract. Most of the time you get a genie and a few free mini's. Maybe some free premiums. As stated above, be nice. Don't get upset. If all else fails, just hang up and call back later to speak with a new agent. At the least, you should be able to at least get the hr44 and a few c41w's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)