Troubleshooting a Visionsat IV-200

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bincitybandit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 11, 2005
I've got a Visionsat IV-200 with PVR that has some glitches I'd like to try to iron out. I'm just a novice, so I could use a little help or tips. I'm hoping it is a firmware issue that can be simply fixed, but I've never done that either.

Here are my problems:

1) When I set the timer to record something, there seems to be a 50% chance that it will not record. I have no idea why. Possibly connected to problem #3.

2) Occaisonally, it will show that something I set the timer to record in the playlist, but when I go to watch it, the message "Fail to Play" appears.

3) For setting the clock/date, I can't seem to reliably use the "Auto" mode. If I select "Auto", it sets the time and date perfectly, but after a few days I'll come back and it will have reset itself to a random date in 2004.

4) When I set the clock/date in "Manual" mode, the clock seems to lose time. It appears to lose about 2-3 minutes per hour as soon as I set it. So if I set it 8:00 a.m., by 8:00 p.m., it will display 7:45 p.m.

Here is what is displayed on my System Information screen:

Model: IV 200
H/W Version: S1000 1.00
Driver Version: API 1.00
Application Version: NORW V1.15
Data Version: FDU v1.1

All I use for PVR memory is a 16GB flash drive.

One more general question, I only use my FTA system on weekends mostly during the winter. Would a good rule of thumb be to turn the reciever competely off using the switch on the back when I don't use it all week? Or is it o.k. to leave it on all the time?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Have you read the Visionsat review thread?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/101350-visionsat-iv200-pvr-plus.html

I have never done any recording with mine so I can't help you there but you need to update your firmware, I believe the latest (and last) version was v1.45. It should be available somewhere in that thread.

I think I had the same clock issue with mine and it seems that the newer firmware also cured that, I know mine kept good time.

I know a lot of people leave theirs on all the time, but if I was going to be gone for a week I would shut mine off.

Bin
upgrade the software. That will solve many issues

addition.......Although I dont have my Visionsat anymore, I used it last season to record the Sioux games and the timer worked flawlessly on the newest software. Its attached
download it and unzip it
put the file on your thumb drive
power off receiver with switch on back
plug thumb drive in
turn back on with switch

within 30 seconds there will be a download option on screen. Press red button and it will download software and reboot. Then power off with switch and remove thumb drive. Erase file on the drive...otherwise everytime you power it on the receiver will ask for that upgrade

leave time at manual. It wont lose time once it updates the software. It keeps great time. Auto takes the time from the transponder which usually isnt right

Attachments

• IV200MX-v145-20080215.zip
    932.4 KB · Views: 168
if you want to switch it off on the back you can but I leave mine in standby. I have a receiver in the basement that gets used about as much as it sounds like yours is. I leave it plugged in. Doesnt harm it

I do know of some Sioux fans who shut theirs off (or unplug it) at end of season (thats all they use the FTA system for)

Thanks for the help! Just updated the software. I'll set the timer to record a few things during the week to test it out.

Just to clarify, the reason I would turn my receiver(s) off if I was going to be gone for a week is just to save a few pennies on electricity.

I'm one of those pennywise and pound-foolish dudes. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts