True FTA on C-Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I avoided all that vertical and horizontal junk by installing a new lnb which automatically made the change. Because I did it a couple of years ago, my only option was the BSC621, which was only $50. And it also added ku. But I was setting up a new 10 foot dish for the first time. I'm using a v-box for a positioner -- only because I didn't want to look at that antique analog receiver next to my digital receiver.

I tried using a CW-600P. And your receiver is fine -- even with the N2 software.
It will still function fine for true fta. I tried a Buzz regular. I also tried a fortec ultra, and it worked best because Pansat products blind scan. All these receivers still had the N2 files still installed.

I month ago, I took the jump to HD and bought a used Pansat 9200. It still has the N2 files installed in it, too.

Like me, you're dealing with a lot of questionable factors -- your dish is old and could be warped. Your lnb could be bad. But if you're getting quality, you're very close.

I guess all I can say is think, try different things and be patient. You'll figure it out soon, Grasshopper.

Good luck! And happy satellite hunting!!!!

gordon, are you happy with the v-box? im looking into buying one cause the analog receiver I use to move the dish is giving me hell, it turns on and off automatically, changes channels without prompt, it's a mess

I'm using a V-box to move a 10 foot steel mesh dish, no complaints. Just wish the 9200 had more programmable positions.

I'm using a V-box to move a 10 foot steel mesh dish, no complaints. Just wish the 9200 had more programmable positions.

Go to the Panerax web site an down load their latest soft-ware for the 9200, in it it you will find a channel editor for the 9200. open it an install on you're compt, then you can added more motor position numbers than just 27 to 49 using the editor.

I use it on a Pan-9000, an it works great with 68 motor locations, could do more but that is all that sat can look at.

Im thinking of using the vbox as standalone, how good is it?

There are a few different models of V-box. I have a V-box 6, but have only used it to move dishes in temporary outdoor testing setups. That being said, it has worked well, no issues.

I also have a G-box (used occasionally, in the same manner as above), and have had both of them opened up to look under the hood. The G-Box, while still not what I would call super-robust, appears to be better built than the V-Box.

The G-Box also doubles the counts, so it will provide better stopping resolution than the V-box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts