True South

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am sure it adjusts, I have marked his picture, see attachment, as to how I think it works.
Bob

Attachments

• 000_0067 marked.JPG
    000_0067 marked.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 97
Well i tried every thing there is i could think off and i guess the trees are in the way cause i can't seem to even get a amc 5 sat working for me.What i don't under stand tho i setup the dish just like my 31in whish is a few feet in front and to the side of my 6 foot.And can get sats.I need to just pull back i guess i give it a while for my thought to gather i guess.thanks for all your help anyway.

jagee
Take a look at my post #15 above - about using an inclinometer. Might double check your settings with one.
Bob

do you think i have enough room in between the trees cause im still haveing a problem with this site,I just spent yesterday and remounted the dish over to the left just behind the smaller one if you can see it.But im still not having any luch except alot of concrete unde r neath the yard in 4 places. lol anybody live near or around Augusta,GA Plese drop me a line.

i just read post 15 again and you stated set the dish at 33.5 my lat.then it isn't 51 or so.Maybe its to high

jagee
I know this is all very confusing. Because you have a prime focus dish, it very easy to see if the final elevation is correct. With a inclinometer (also know as a clinometer) you can lay it on the front surface (rim) of you dish and it should read the angle the dish is pointing directly. Remember that you should be aimed just a little above 1/2 way from horizontal and straight up @ 51°.

When using the inclinometer you sometimes have to adjust your direct reading by adding or subtracting 90° to derive the reading your trying to get.

The Shaft of the motor is at 33.5° which is at almost 90° (actually 85.4°angle with the 5.4° declination) from the elevation of the satellite.

Just remember that a prime focus dish will appear to be aimed about 25° higher than an offset dish when aimed at the same satellite.
Bob

BTW I just saw this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=892890#post892890
might be that you are having trouble getting KU with your LNB.

Last edited:
i know this might be stupid youvetried to help me out alot but i don't have an education ,so i don't understand a whole lot of numbers other then ive always learned from diagrams could you draw me a picture or pictures of where you are talking about laying my instuments when you talk about setting the inclimeater on top of the shaft. I bought one and know how to read it.if not let me knim older then you think and we didn't have all these figurings when i went to school.I work better by picturesi set the inclimeater the magnetic part on top of the motor shaft is that right?and adjusted it by 33.5 with the long screw on the side of the motor is that correct to that number..

Last edited:
jagee

I have done a attached JPEG & PDF sketch. Hope this helps.
Bob

Attachments

• AMC 5 prime focus.JPG
    AMC 5 prime focus.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 215
  • AMC prime focus.pdf
    3.8 KB · Views: 597
If you can't hit your TS bird you can hook up the box to the motor, enter your USALS info, then motor over to a different bird and peak for that bird.

Then you should still track the arc pretty well.

i set the inclimeater the magnetic part on top of the motor shaft is that right?and adjusted it by 33.5 with the long screw on the side of the motor is that correct to that number..

Jagee I don't know how the scale is laid out on your inclinometer, IF it is like mine you should get the correct reading on the top of the motor shaft like you describe it. I am sorry that I have not been of help to you with all of my "numbers".

Could you get someone that is accustomed to reading mechanical drawings to help. Print out my PDF sketch above and share it with someone who works in fabrication or construction. If they use angles in their work perhaps the sketch would help them help you.

If someone else on the forum can explain or illustrate this setup in a better way I would welcome the help on Jagee's behalf.
Bob

finding true south

im trying to find true south in jacksonville florida using a sg2100 motor i cant find true south to point at please help me find true south.my lat 30 & long 81

Last edited:
will ive done evrything that has been suggested to me and im still not able to get a quality I have a signal of 78 but zero quality.Tha only thig i can think of is the tress are the problem there fore can't have a dish i would guess.

I have a seperate true south question. My Lat is 51.56N and Long of 109.08W. I will be using a 75E Star Choice dish which I am waiting for to arrive.

Am I ok to select Anik F1 at 107.3 as my true south sat when I set up my dish? Or should I goto 110 Echostar sats? I would think it should be easier for me to find the Anik F1 as it is Star Choice's sat or am I wrong.

I also have bought a Pansat 2800a receiver which is on the way. Am I best to borrow my dad's Star Choice receiver, peak the signal on Anik F1, give it back to him, hook up the Pansat 2800a and set it up with the motor etc?

Thanks for all the help.

I have a seperate true south question. My Lat is 51.56N and Long of 109.08W. I will be using a 75E Star Choice dish which I am waiting for to arrive.

Am I ok to select Anik F1 at 107.3 as my true south sat when I set up my dish? Or should I goto 110 Echostar sats? I would think it should be easier for me to find the Anik F1 as it is Star Choice's sat or am I wrong.

I also have bought a Pansat 2800a receiver which is on the way. Am I best to borrow my dad's Star Choice receiver, peak the signal on Anik F1, give it back to him, hook up the Pansat 2800a and set it up with the motor etc?

Thanks for all the help.

Elite
Rather then posting a new question to an existing a thread, please re-post this question in a NEW thread.
Thanks, Bob

Wescopc Will i thought i would take a break from all this i have to keep an eye on my wife to she got out of hospital.I keep asking on this site if my needle on the inside of my LNBF BSC621-2 should be bent or not but not getting any answers except i should take a picture of it.I can,t no camera some people think evrybody should have equipment cause its available for sale i guess,But im not one of them.Can you check and see if it should be straight out or a curve to it.I need to know cause i bought it this way from sadoun.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)