Truly Portable Sirius

sharpstonez

Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
I am having a hard time finding (and maybe they don't yet exist) any sort of truly portable devices for Sirius radio. I use the radio in the car, in the home, and on my travels and I would like to have a device that I can just plug some earphones in, maybe carry some sort of small antenna if need be, and listen to the radio. Can this be done yet? I thought XM had something like this already, and I just was wondering if that's true and if so where is the Sirius alternative? Thanks in advance for your insights.

I think your looking for the Sirius Xact Rego. There have been tons of threads about it here. And as someone stated in one of them the Rego is like the loch ness monster. Tons of people have claimed to see it but no one has any proof. It has been rumored to have been coming out for months but no one has it yet.

Tha is one of the biggest complaints i have about sirius. Xm announces something and its out 3 months later. Sirius announces a unit and who the hell knows when it will be out.

Understood. It would be really nice to have a truly portable model and since XM seems to have them beat to the punch, you would think this would be a rush rush to get the product in consumers hands. Only time will tell. Thanks for posting.

fldrummer said:
They are announcing their new radios next week so hold tight...

But aren't these radios that haven't been previously announced. So they probably wont see the light of day for months.

minorthr said:
But aren't these radios that haven't been previously announced. So they probably wont see the light of day for months.

I have been hearing that this is not necessarily the case. We will just have to wait until Thursday night to find out.

I work at an appliance/electronics store and we have what is called a "Sirius Boom Box," by JVC. It is a basic ghetto blaster that has a slot for the JVC receiver and runs on AC or DC. It sells for around $119.00. I listen to the display model every morning while I am cleaning the store and I highly recommend this unit. :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)